General

Polite things people say

I posted this elsewhere, but during the Christmas holiday gatherings, various members of my family asked me if I'd been working out because I was "looking solid". Lol

I've been feeling anything BUT solid - the squish is real, y'all. smiley

Another one has some science behind it - telling someone that they have put on some "happy weight" when in a relationship. Apparently there have been a number of studies in which the data demonstrates a tendency for people to gain a bit of weight when in a happy and stable relationship.

For me its the inverse: I'm not fatter because I'm in a happy relationship... I'm happy because my relationship is making me fatter!
3 months

Polite things people say

It's been said I have "an appetite".

Yes, if you can call putting away 9"x13" pans of stuffing and mac and cheese plus veggies and bread in one sitting, you might conclude I have an appetite. 😉
3 months

Polite things people say

Ferro1987:
“The holidays treated you well!

Or

“Wow your lunch looks GOOD!” Emphasis on good meaning it’s huge.

I've never heard that one before. As someone who throws down in the kitchen, I'm used to hearing people say that meaning they wish they had my lunch.
3 months

Polite things people say

people really like to talk about their diets and recommend them for no reason unsolicited
3 months

Polite things people say

Morbidly A Beast:
people really like to talk about their diets and recommend them for no reason unsolicited

I had this happen just last night. It's never happened to me before. I guess I'm getting pretty fat.
3 months

Polite things people say

Morbidly A Beast:

They do. And it's bizarre, because usually, you're just minding your business. When someone brings it up. They will ask if you have tried fasting. No boo. I'm 500 lb. Does it look like I miss a meal?
3 months

Polite things people say

Morbidly A Beast:

RegularGhost15:
Not to discount how you feel when people say these things, but as someone who has been fit and "skinny" their whole life, people are always excited to say whatever weirdo fad diet/exercise they're doing to anyone polite enough to listen. Like I am so, so, so tired of hearing people talk about keto and "intermittent fasting" oh my god.

Ugh, yes. Did I ask about your diet? No? Then why do you think I want to hear about it as I fill my plate with appetizers?
3 months

Polite things people say

Morbidly A Beast:

BigBallBellyGirl:
They do. And it's bizarre, because usually, you're just minding your business. When someone brings it up. They will ask if you have tried fasting. No boo. I'm 500 lb. Does it look like I miss a meal?

Impossible to say - no picture ever posted even though 100's of posts...
3 months

Polite things people say

I always find it funny how my friends and family will get REALLY into talking about there work outs and getting in shape and loosing weight! blah blah blah🤣 and im just sitting there not saying anything but like......little do you know I'm thinking about the dozen donuts and quart of heavy cream I'm going to indulge in later because I'm actively trying to GAIN weight! And they will say. "Hey u know ur getting pretty big! You should probably think about working out!" I just give them the ole' yea.... "I'm REALLY thinking about it!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣
3 months