General

Knees

Weak Feedee:
I notice that my knees are feeling more and more when I get up and climb the stairs! Somehow I find that exciting lol

I know that being weak is your thing. But I cannot overstate the importance of taking care of your knees. They are one of the most important parts of your body to take care of as you grow. I know the struggle is sexy, but the last thing you want is busted ass knees that scream for mercy with every step you take.

Especially since it only gets worse with age no matter how much you weigh.
3 months

Knees

Knees are the weakest joints in our body, and one of the most important. You do not want to tempt fate if they start going out.
3 months

Knees

Im struggeling more and more with my right knee.
The bigger i get the more it hurts when i walk and climb stairs, its worse when climbing stairs, because it also makes a clicking noise with each step when hauling my fat body upstairs.
I have hoped for a long time it would go back to normal but im starting to worry😪
Anyone else tried anything like this ?
3 months

Knees

The***teen:
The bigger i get the more it hurts when i walk and climb stairs, its worse when climbing stairs, because it also makes a clicking noise with each step when hauling my fat body upstairs.
I have hoped for a long time it would go back to normal but im starting to worry😪

Please see a doctor about that. I don't care if they tell you to lose weight or not. Better to do what they tell you than to deal with pain management, surgery, or a knee replacement.

That knee of yours is blaring the alarm bells. Better listen before it's too late and you're sitting here thinking "I wish I had listened."
3 months

Knees

The***teen:

Munchies:
Please see a doctor about that. I don't care if they tell you to lose weight or not. Better to do what they tell you than to deal with pain management, surgery, or a knee replacement.

That knee of yours is blaring the alarm bells. Better listen before it's too late and you're sitting here thinking "I wish I had listened."

I really dont feel like seeing a doctor about it.
Everybody is so fat phobic in Denmark and i really dont want to hear it😅

I know its my knees blaring the alarm bells, but i hope it will fix itself in the future 😀
But Thank you very much for your reply and concern 🤗
3 months

Knees

The***teen:

Munchies:

The***teen:
I really dont feel like seeing a doctor about it.
Everybody is so fat phobic in Denmark and i really dont want to hear it😅

I know its my knees blaring the alarm bells, but i hope it will fix itself in the future 😀
But Thank you very much for your reply and concern 🤗

Look. I get being nervous about doctors. Trust me, I do. But your knee will not get better. It will get worse.

Now, if you want to do some physical therapy at home to strengthen you knee and change up your diet to include foods that help repair your connective tissues, you can mitigate some of the damage. Maybe invest in a knee brace.

If you take a gaining break and maintain, you can prevent it from getting worse.

But depending on how much you've damaged you knee, you may not be able to really fix it on your end. After all, you can't give yourself steroid injections or operate on yourself.

And if you have to lose some weight to feel better, it's hardly the end of the world. You can always gain once your knee is better. There's no need to let fear dictate your life.
3 months

Knees

You better off sorting that out yourself. Get Glucosomine with Condroitin supplement of good quality and take what a person you're size would need assuming it's designed for a 200lbs person.

Also take some body building protein powder like collagen which is the 'plastic' components in your knees which need to regrow. Again take proportional to your size.

This will probably take a few months. You need to keep exercise light and regular to get the movement back.

The problem with going to the doctor is they will book you in for surgery and tell you to lose weight. By the time the surgery appointment arrives you could have fixed it yourself as I described above.
3 months

Knees

Weetabix:
You better off sorting that out yourself. Get Glucosomine with Condroitin supplement of good quality and take what a person you're size would need assuming it's designed for a 200lbs person.

Also take some body building protein powder like collagen which is the 'plastic' components in your knees which need to regrow. Again take proportional to your size.

This will probably take a few months. You need to keep exercise light and regular to get the movement back.

The problem with going to the doctor is they will book you in for surgery and tell you to lose weight. By the time the surgery appointment arrives you could have fixed it yourself as I described above.

This is an interesting post.

The broader message is fine. There's some mixed scientific evidence that glucosamine with or without chondroitin can help with joint pain by reducing inflammation. And he most likely needs collagen. I also agree that regular light exercise would be extremely beneficial as well.

You should not dose supplements by your weight. That is an easy way to take too much. That's not too big a deal with collagen. At this present time, there are no known complications with taking too much aside from having an unpleasant taste in your mouth, feeling stuffed, or mild stomach issues.

healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-collagen-per-day#overdose

The same cannot be said about glucosamine. If not properly dosed, you can face a litany of severe health complications and drug interactions. These health complications can become even worse if you have conditions like diabetes, hemophilia, high blood pressure, etc.

drugs.com/mtm/chondroitin-and-glucosamine.html

Lastly, I wanted to touch on your comments about how doctors would respond to his situation. I agree they'd probably tell him to lose weight. But surgery? As someone who works in the healthcare industry, I've only seen a doctor recommend knee surgery right off the bat if someone's knee is extremely messed up (for example an old injury that didn't heal right or the cartilage has completely worn away). Surgery is the last resort - not the first.

And even if your knees get so bad the doctor recommends surgery, you can refuse treatment. I regularly interact with people in a professional and personal capacity who could use knee surgery, but refuse to get it for one reason or another. So instead, their doctor has them use walking aids, wheelchairs/scooters, and take pain medication.

I appreciate you wanting to help OP. That's a very noble thing to do. However, it's good to be cautious with certain kinds of advice as they may do more harm than good. This is why I suggest seeing a doctor. They have access to tests and scans that we don't and can better see the best way to handle a medical situation.
3 months

Knees

I've taken Glucosomine with Condroitin for 35 years. In the last 2 years I've increased the does to 150% and it's more effective.

All this vague stuff about them not knowing if it works yet knowing there are side effects is typical medical establishment BS.

If you don't have noticeable reduction in pain and improvement in flexibility after a week then it's probably not what you need or you bought poor quality.

I don't need to be cautious when giving advice. The OP needs to own their decision to follow it or not. They can stop taking the stuff at any time or can decide to see a doctor at any time. It's not an irreversible decision like letting an NHS surgeon chop your leg off and then he says sorry afterwards.

The OP needs to use the most caution when seeing a doctor because those people really can and do fcuk up your life.
3 months

Knees

Weetabix:
I've taken Glucosomine with Condroitin for 35 years. In the last 2 years I've increased the does to 150% and it's more effective.

All this vague stuff about them not knowing if it works yet knowing there are side effects is typical medical establishment BS.

If you don't have noticeable reduction in pain and improvement in flexibility after a week then it's probably not what you need or you bought poor quality.

I don't need to be cautious when giving advice. The OP needs to own their decision to follow it or not. They can stop taking the stuff at any time or can decide to see a doctor at any time. It's not an irreversible decision like letting an NHS surgeon chop your leg off and then he says sorry afterwards.

The OP needs to use the most caution when seeing a doctor because those people really can and do fcuk up your life.

I never said that it was or wasn't effective. I said that there are dangerous to overconsumption. That's completely different.

Also, no one is telling OP he needs surgery. And OP is Danish, so there's no issue about him using an NHS doctor anyway.

And lastly, you always need to be cautious about giving health advice. Something that works well for one person can send another person to the hospital. For example, I can take OTC pain medication and feel fine. My partner rarely takes it because it doesn't do anything for him. Meanwhile, my grandma cannot take OTC pain medication because it causes kidney damage for her.

Same medication. Three different people. Three different outcomes.

You are right that it's ultimately up to OP whatever he decides to do. But if you are giving advice, you have a duty to give a complete picture. It's one thing if OP decides to do nothing, take supplements, or lop off his legs based because of his own informed opinion. It's quite another thing if OP makes a choice based off of not having the complete picture.

I am not accusing you of being malicious. From where I sit, you are trying to help OP.

And that's good!

That said, caution is always a good thing. You often say you like to do your own research and form your own opinions. It would be a shame to deny OP of the same luxury.
3 months
1234   loading