Gaining

Sighting: see evidence of wg that is a turn-on

Greentrees8733:
Similarly, Morbidly A Beast, you’re also addressing a morality angle, right? Like it’s morally okay to feel attraction, but not fetishize? I think that’s what I’m reading, but I just want to double check.

Morbidly A Beast:
Of course it’s ok to feel attraction. Attractions aren’t fetishes. No one says straight men have a fetish for women lol. But yes. However it is more about it just being kinda cringe I see it all the time in these spaces and it’s just kinda meh to me.

You’re saying it’s cringe for people to talk about their kink on a fetish board about their kink? I’m not talking about people I see on the street, either, but this is one of a handful of places online to have that talk. It’s finding a copy of Time Magazine in the periodicals section.
3 months

Letters And Numbers:
That's like Puritan level thought policing.

Munchies:
How so?

Letters And Numbers:
It seems like you’re trolling.

I am not. I legitimately confused.
3 months

On the original topic, I once worked with a college-aged woman who went away for four months to Italy as part of an overseas study. Her boyfriend also worked with us.

When she came back from Italy, she gained what looked to be about 40 pounds… like she went from 130 to 170ish. Some went to her hips and butt, but most went to her love handles and a newly formed belly.

The part that made me really smile was when her boyfriend saw her new curves for the first time. The best way I can describe his face is: 🤩 (starry-eyed emoji if it doesn’t load here)
3 months

Greentrees8733:
Similarly, Morbidly A Beast, you’re also addressing a morality angle, right? Like it’s morally okay to feel attraction, but not fetishize? I think that’s what I’m reading, but I just want to double check.

Morbidly A Beast:
Of course it’s ok to feel attraction. Attractions aren’t fetishes. No one says straight men have a fetish for women lol. But yes. However it is more about it just being kinda cringe I see it all the time in these spaces and it’s just kinda meh to me.

Letters And Numbers:
You’re saying it’s cringe for people to talk about their kink on a fetish board about their kink? I’m not talking about people I see on the street, either, but this is one of a handful of places online to have that talk. It’s finding a copy of Time Magazine in the periodicals section.

Nope, not saying it’s wrong to have kinks at all nor is it wrong to discuss them I’m saying it’s cringe that they’re projecting fantasies on normies while engaging with people who are already participating in those fantasies. Maybe it’s a disconnection in the language I’m using? But I think what I’m saying makes sense.
3 months

I know, let's put everyone in burkas so we can't fantasize about them even if we want to!
3 months

AskDrFeeder:
I know, let's put everyone in burkas so we can't fantasize about them even if we want to!

Someone clearly doesn't talk to a lot of Muslim people.

I'm not Muslim, but I have a lot of friends and family that are. Hell, my partner is Muslim. I also grew up in a conservative Christian household that prized modesty.

I can tell you first hand that no matter how little people can see of you, they will still objectify and fantasize about others. Hell, sometimes they do it even more if leave your body up to the imagination.

No amount of covering it up or letting it hang will change that.
3 months

Greentrees8733:

Morbidly A Beast:

Make your own thread. Don't derail other people's.
3 months

Greentrees8733:

Morbidly A Beast:

Liamvberserk:
Make your own thread. Don't derail other people's.

says the dude coming in way after this was over lol shut up dork
3 months

AskDrFeeder:

bro thinks consent is tantamount to slavery imagine. fucking sick freaks.
3 months

Letters and Numbers:
It seems like [Munchies is] trolling.

Probably not. Munchies is an active and helpful member of the community, and AFAIK, hasn't trolled here before. I think if she was going to, we'd have seen it already smiley
----
Munchies:
As a man thinks, so does he do.

Is this an aphorism? I'm not familiar with it, and the only search hits I'm getting are for a bible verse, but the phrasing it's not quite the same (and unsurprisingly, phrasing seems to change with translations).

Munchies:
I'm not saying fantasizing about people means you're going to actually do the thing. But it does color what you do in reality. The extent depends on what you conciously check yourself on, but it's never 100%.

So if the concern isn't that you're actually going to do the thing, what is the concern? Like, what "color" are you objecting to?

Based on your response here, and your response to Nok's reply, it seems like the "consent issue" isn't with the fantasizing itself, but how fantasizing might lead somone to behave, right?

So then, if Alice's fantasies about Bob don't lead her to mistreat Bob, then her fantasizing wasn't a problem, right?

Munchies:
Like, if a woman's boss fantasizes about her sexually, or a woman fantasizes about her best friend's husband, can we say it's not going to color their interactions with the object of their desire?

Can we say that it will?
3 months
23456   loading