Lifestyle tips

Budget gaining

I think it’s safe to say that in the year 2023, the groceries are at an all-time high. As a full-time college student who works part-time, I don’t have a ton of money to spare on extra snacks and fast food. The only real disposable income I have is enough for gas, rent and utilities, and my monthly tuition plan with a few subscription services as well. Any budget friendly gaining tips for a new gainer?
3 months

Budget gaining

You might want to consider waiting until you have a comfortable income, remember, there are other potential costs involved such as new clothes and usual 'go tos' like double/heavy cream can add up cost wise and still require you to eat allot to make it worthwhile.

Otherwise, you may want to consider looking at things like calorie counting what foods you find affordable, maybe cooking stuff you can cook in large quantities and have over a day or so e.g. slow cooker.

Also, maybe check for any student discounts, I know one smaller scale super market in the UK used to offer discounts and McDonald's a free ice cream or burger with any meal.

From what I've read, it seems like it's more common in American colleges to have all you can eat dining, which would explain allot of gains.
3 months

Budget gaining

I suggest using fast food apps to order your food, not only can you find some cheap meals you can earn points that you can use to get free food later down the line. Shop at places like Aldi, they have the cheapest soda you can buy. You can also get some food from Dollar Tree, they're no longer a dollar but their frozen meals are cheaper than going to a big grocery store. You can stock up on a lot of frozen meals and snacks. Though if you're wanting to gain in a healthy matter then Aldi would be your best bet.
3 months

Budget gaining

if you wanna gain cheaply, I recommend biscuits.

where I'm from, I can buy a pack of biscuits with chocolate in between them, each having about 100 cals in one biscuits, with about 10+ biscuits in the packet, for just over £1

i find biscuits to be fairly cheap and easy extra calories to have
3 months

Budget gaining

Dorkula15:
I think it’s safe to say that in the year 2023, the groceries are at an all-time high. As a full-time college student who works part-time, I don’t have a ton of money to spare on extra snacks and fast food. The only real disposable income I have is enough for gas, rent and utilities, and my monthly tuition plan with a few subscription services as well. Any budget friendly gaining tips for a new gainer?

Nuts, seeds, nut butter, and seed butter are always good. Avocados are good, and they tend to be fairly cheap. You can stick them in the fridge so they keep for longer.
3 months

Budget gaining

Two words:

Little Debbie!!

Five more words:

Yesterday’s Baked Goods on z sale!
3 months

Budget gaining

Miachu:
if you wanna gain cheaply, I recommend biscuits.

where I'm from, I can buy a pack of biscuits with chocolate in between them, each having about 100 cals in one biscuits, with about 10+ biscuits in the packet, for just over £1

i find biscuits to be fairly cheap and easy extra calories to have

ForeverFFA:
Digestives? Sadly for gainers in the U.S. there's no cheap equivalent. "Cookies"/biscuits are normally as low fat as possible because that's what sells here.

It's not the fat that gets you so much as the sugar content.

Of course, you gotta be careful with sugar because it can mess up your teeth and glucose levels.
3 months

Budget gaining

Regarding glucose levels, isn’t that more of an issue when we get older?
3 months

Budget gaining

Softernow:
Regarding glucose levels, isn’t that more of an issue when we get older?

As someone who had been a diabetic all her life, the answer to that is no. I also question where you got your information.
3 months

Budget gaining

Discount brands of boxed Macaroni-and-cheese (you boil the pasta, then add milk and cheese powder) are cheap calories.
3 months