Gaining

Gaining for science

I've have been wondering for some time what exactly happens to excess calories and when will they be stored as fat and how efficient is this process. Especially depending on the type of calories consumed. It seems to me that for some people, they can eat excess calories and the body simply expels it as waste instead of storing as fat. What factors influence whether this will happen? We're told there are about 3500cal in a pound of fat. So theoretically if a person consumed an excess of 35,000 calories over the course of several weeks it would result in 10 pounds fat gain, but I doubt that would actually happen.

I would like people who are intentionally gaining to track their consumption over the course of several weeks and also note the macros: fat, protein, carbs, and also if alcohol was consumed. Then we can compare data to the actual gains and body composition changes if that could be tracked as well.
3 months

Gaining for science

Delta9:
I've have been wondering for some time what exactly happens to excess calories and when will they be stored as fat and how efficient is this process. Especially depending on the type of calories consumed. It seems to me that for some people, they can eat excess calories and the body simply expels it as waste instead of storing as fat. What factors influence whether this will happen? We're told there are about 3500cal in a pound of fat. So theoretically if a person consumed an excess of 35,000 calories over the course of several weeks it would result in 10 pounds fat gain, but I doubt that would actually happen.

I would like people who are intentionally gaining to track their consumption over the course of several weeks and also note the macros: fat, protein, carbs, and also if alcohol was consumed. Then we can compare data to the actual gains and body composition changes if that could be tracked as well.

Frabjous day! This is something that's been extremely well-studied already. Of course, feel free to continue with your experiment. It could be a lot of fun for feedees and gainers to track this stuff.

Basically, how efficient this process is depends on a lot of factors like the type of foods you eat, your basal metabolic rate, activity levels, size, body composition, hormone levels, etc. Some people fatten well, while others don't.

Here's some information on the topic:
barbell-logic.com/one-meal-holiday-body-composition/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK218769/
3 months

Gaining for science

Delta9:

Munchies:

Frabjous day! This is something that's been extremely well-studied already. Of course, feel free to continue with your experiment. It could be a lot of fun for feedees and gainers to track this stuff.

Basically, how efficient this process is depends on a lot of factors like the type of foods you eat, your basal metabolic rate, activity levels, size, body composition, hormone levels, etc. Some people fatten well, while others don't.

Here's some information on the topic:
barbell-logic.com/one-meal-holiday-body-composition/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK218769/

Thank you for posting those. Yes, there is a lot of research. But most studies wouldn't ask already obese participants to gain considerably more weight that they may never lose just for the sake of a research study because it would be unethical. Yet here we have plenty of willing participants. This could seriously be a treasure trove of untapped data and research.
3 months