General

Safe number of protein bars...?

Snacking on a protein bar which Is 208 calories and 17.2g protein 😳 and it actually tastes so good as its toffee apple flavour! So now I'm thinking about how many I could eat in a day to gain weight or more wondering how many would be reccomended to gain safely? Because they just taste so good and go down such a treat! Lately I feel as though I've been missing the feeling of new weight and of feeling heavier, so perhaps these will help in between when I'm not stuffing.

I've also been thinking about protein shakes a lot lately too, but I'm quite fussy with their taste and texture so if anyone can suggest a good one, with nice flavours, I would love that! The first thing I would do if I got a tub would so be a funneling 😍 I haven't done one in a while and I can often feel the itch to do them... perhaps for now I just do another one of my megashakes with milk, ice cream, cream, and peanut butter 🤤 

Now all this talk about stuffing and growing has me craving kfc 😩🤤
3 months

Thepiggygirls:
Snacking on a protein bar which Is 208 calories and 17.2g protein 😳 and it actually tastes so good as its toffee apple flavour! So now I'm thinking about how many I could eat in a day to gain weight or more wondering how many would be reccomended to gain safely? Because they just taste so good and go down such a treat! Lately I feel as though I've been missing the feeling of new weight and of feeling heavier, so perhaps these will help in between when I'm not stuffing.

I've also been thinking about protein shakes a lot lately too, but I'm quite fussy with their taste and texture so if anyone can suggest a good one, with nice flavours, I would love that! The first thing I would do if I got a tub would so be a funneling 😍 I haven't done one in a while and I can often feel the itch to do them... perhaps for now I just do another one of my megashakes with milk, ice cream, cream, and peanut butter 🤤 

A healthy amount of protien is 0.8 grams per pound. While you can eat more than that, it does increase your risk of liver and kidney issues.
intermountainhealthcare.org/blogs/how-much-protein-is-simply-too-much
3 months

Thepiggygirls:

Are the protein bars in question also high in carbohydrates?

If you're looking to actively gain fat versus muscle mass, consider a snack food that's also high in carbohydrates and low in dietary fiber.

Remember, calories are simply a measure of thermal energy, and not necessarily a good indicator of how "fattening" a food will be.

While it's hot AF, keep in mind there's nothing "safe" about gaining (further) into obesity.
3 months

Thepiggygirls:

Newenglander:
Are the protein bars in question also high in carbohydrates?

If you're looking to actively gain fat versus muscle mass, consider a snack food that's also high in carbohydrates and low in dietary fiber.

Remember, calories are simply a measure of thermal energy, and not necessarily a good indicator of how "fattening" a food will be.

While it's hot AF, keep in mind there's nothing "safe" about gaining (further) into obesity.

All of this is true. Best you can do is manage your risks.
3 months

My issue with protein bars is they tend to put way too much sugar alcohols in them, which have fewer calories than real sugar, but can cause gastric upset since your body can't digest them easily.
3 months

Personally, having just ONE is good enough in my experience/opinion. 👍
3 months