Gaining

Fell off the maintenance wagon hard

BigBallBellyGirl:
I've been planning to keep my weight in this general neighborhood, but I fell off the maintenance wagon hard last night at all you can eat sushi, and I have been eating ever since. Last night, I had 56 pieces with tempura vegetables and tempura shrimp. I woke up very bloated and also very hungry, and I have been eating continuously. It's so hard, when you were addicted to being overstuffed beyond your limits for a long time, to go back to regular meals. There was something so pleasurable about being packed like a drum, with my belly feeling bloated and sensitive, I haven't been able to stop myself. I've had around 14,000 calories so far today, and i know I'll gain some weight from this, but I'm going to give myself a day off from maintenance and get as stuffed as I want to. I've genuinely missed the feeling of physically ballooning outward from over indulgence. And tomorrow is another day!

Delta9:
What are your maintenance calories? For someone your size it's probably still a lot. Just wondering. And have you actually gotten that low yet, or just slowed the gain?

My maintenance calories are 4100 to 4300, which I realize by most standards is still pretty generous. I think I struggle so much because I stretched my capacity with some very extreme daily habits. I had just begun maintaining, with only a pound or two of fluctuation, until I stuffed for about 36 hours (with a break to sleep of course). I was up 11 lb this morning, and I probably consumed about 3500 calories today. Tonight I'm only up 9 lb from where I started before I went wild with sushi and continued on a full day feast.
3 months

Munchies:
Yeah, not a lot of people seem to get it - especially my fellow feeders and FAs. Weight management and weight loss are dirty words. And every moment of weekness is a chance to convince you to give up completely.

We gotta be better than that. And I'm glad people like you aren't afraid to post their truth.

BigBallBellyGirl:
Sincere thanks for the support. Also pointing out, if due to health, personal preference, or any other reason, a person who is obese now chose to lose... But they still enjoy this community (the pictures, the culture, the stories, the connections) they should feel no less welcome here. It is the interest that ties us together, not necessarily the physical attribute.

True. Too many people focus on the physical aspect of the community and ignore everything else. If anything, the best part of following along on your journey is seeing how happy you are, especially about choosing how you want to live your life. Whether you decide to gain, maintain, or lose, you're living your life to the fullest, and that's something we should all strive for.
3 months

BigBallBellyGirl:
My maintenance calories are 4100 to 4300, which I realize by most standards is still pretty generous. I think I struggle so much because I stretched my capacity with some very extreme daily habits. I had just begun maintaining, with only a pound or two of fluctuation, until I stuffed for about 36 hours (with a break to sleep of course). I was up 11 lb this morning, and I probably consumed about 3500 calories today. Tonight I'm only up 9 lb from where I started before I went wild with sushi and continued on a full day feast.[/quote]

Yes, 4K may sound like a lot, but when you’re used to just stuff yourself, especially with fast food, it actually isn’t all that much. For a while I had gotten in the habit of getting a large shake every day on the way home from work. That’s 1k calories just as one snack! When I decided to try to maintain rather than gain, I really missed and craved that shake!
3 months
12   loading