Lifestyle tips

How to get soft puffy fat.

Hello, I am a male trying to get more fluffy fat. I’m almost 300 lbs but it’s pretty solid. How do I get soft fat?!
3 months

This might be counterintuitive, but... lose some weight? smiley

Hear me out - we tend to lose visceral fat more quickly than subcutaneous fat, so losing weight might help you reduce your hard fat and make your soft fat a bit more noticeable?

That's my unscientific, non-dietician best suggestion, though. I know that it doesn't quite provide a solution to your actual request, as it is less "adding" fluffy fat than it is "accentuating" it.

That said, you can also try upping your dairy intake - I've read a few scholarly articles that have been posted in these forums that seem to indicate that dairy fats tend to accumulate at a greater percentage of subcutaneous fat than do other types of foods.

Good luck!
2 months

In my experience the first time I gained it was more a hard fat kind of fat.
I lost aprox 200 lbs at one point then slowly regained the weight but this time it was softer fat and was more fat in the belly, hips, butt and thighs.
Don't know why the fat came back fluffier/ puffier but I was so glad it did.
2 months

Feedher3000:
Hello, I am a male trying to get more fluffy fat. I’m almost 300 lbs but it’s pretty solid. How do I get soft fat?!

Couple things to keep in mind.

Your milage may vary. Some people are more prone to gain visceral fat over subcutaneous fat due to hormones and genes. As such, you may see limited or no changes to your fat composition.

That said, I've found success with my feedees getting squishy by pairing a high calorie diet of mostly healthy foods with exercise. When you burn fat, your body will burn your visceral fat before it burns your subcutaneous fat.

There's also evidence that unsaturated fat is more likely to form subcutaneous fat and saturated fat causes viceral fat. It is not currently clear as to why.

livescience.com/43752-saturated-fat-promotes-belly-fat.html
2 months

A lot has to do with one's genetics.
I have an Aunt who is very heavy and she is flabby and so was my great Grandmother.
I guess that has a lot to do with me being so flabby.
2 months

I’m in the genetics camp on it as well. My belly is visceral and hard, just like all the men on both sides of my family who have huge beer bellies. My wife’s fat is soft and flabby, like all the women on her dad’s side.
2 months

Ditzy:
A lot has to do with one's genetics.
I have an Aunt who is very heavy and she is flabby and so was my great Grandmother.
I guess that has a lot to do with me being so flabby.

Yeah, it's hard to beat your genetics. I mean, outside of diet recommendations, the next step is doing some research on hormones.

That's what your genes are controlling that determines fat distribution, but that's a lot harder than just eating more lol
2 months

Heavy cream. Look at any post about people’s results with heavy cream: it always mentions super soft jiggly fat and people say they’ve never been so soft even if they’ve been that weight before.
2 months

Sneederid:
Heavy cream. Look at any post about people’s results with heavy cream: it always mentions super soft jiggly fat and people say they’ve never been so soft even if they’ve been that weight before.

I got flabby with this. Huge amount of heavy cream will help you gain flabbier fat.
2 months

Is this true? I never realised there was a difference. I don't know what type of fat I have!
2 months
12   loading