Feedback and suggestions

Is there policy on ai?

I understand that fighting against AI would be an uphill battle that would bog down the mods, and ultimately distract from other issues, but is there anything written about the website's stance on it? I keep seeing gross, almost offensive, AI generated schlock. Personally, I do not think these images should count against your view allotment (considering that they're not real), and also there's the whole theft thing. You cannot copyright AI images, so I'm not sure where that leaves y'all.

Maybe implement something that says all AI images *must* be marked as AI?
2 months

Is there policy on ai?

Kry5t47B477:
I understand that fighting against AI would be an uphill battle that would bog down the mods, and ultimately distract from other issues, but is there anything written about the website's stance on it? I keep seeing gross, almost offensive, AI generated schlock. Personally, I do not think these images should count against your view allotment (considering that they're not real), and also there's the whole theft thing. You cannot copyright AI images, so I'm not sure where that leaves y'all.

There needs to be one. There's a sizable chunk of people who are happy to use AI in feedist spaces - each with wildly varying intentions. I especially see catfish and scammers using AI images once publicly available programs that look photorealistic hit the market.

I know that right now most people see AI as an amusing yet substandard alternative to what people can make themselves. But recent technology shows there needs to be a policy sooner rather than later.
2 months

Is there policy on ai?

Kry5t47B477:

Munchies:
There needs to be one. There's a sizable chunk of people who are happy to use AI in feedist spaces - each with wildly varying intentions. I especially see catfish and scammers using AI images once publicly available programs that look photorealistic hit the market.

I know that right now most people see AI as an amusing yet substandard alternative to what people can make themselves. But recent technology shows there needs to be a policy sooner rather than later.

Agreed. I know people are going to do what they do when it comes to making their own fantasy content-- is it ethical? No, but in that case I think there are bigger (cat)fish to worry about.

Once Sora offshoots become available the community is going to be taken for a bumpy ride that will sow even more distrust amongst members.
2 months

Is there policy on ai?

Kry5t47B477:

Munchies:

Kry5t47B477:
Agreed. I know people are going to do what they do when it comes to making their own fantasy content-- is it ethical? No, but in that case I think there are bigger (cat)fish to worry about.

Once Sora offshoots become available the community is going to be taken for a bumpy ride that will sow even more distrust amongst members.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that. People are going to get taken advantage of, and more vulnerable members of the community will be hurt the most. But at the same time, there's only so much admin will be able to do.
2 months

Is there policy on ai?

Munchies:
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that. People are going to get taken advantage of, and more vulnerable members of the community will be hurt the most. But at the same time, there's only so much admin will be able to do.

That's true. Idk how photo filtering works on the back end, but maybe they could use something that omits it. I don't know if that would be too expensive or not.

Ultimately, I'm just surprised they haven't said anything about it.
2 months

Is there policy on ai?

Munchies:

Kry5t47B477:
That's true. Idk how photo filtering works on the back end, but maybe they could use something that omits it. I don't know if that would be too expensive or not.

Ultimately, I'm just surprised they haven't said anything about it.

I'll have to look for it, but the site owner, hiccupx, has addressed this in some capacity already. AI is allowed on the platform so long as it doesn't violate pre-existing rules. However, he is considering a more comprehensive policy regarding AI. No update on that one way or another as this has been a relatively recent conversation.
2 months

Is there policy on ai?

Found it!

fantasyfeeder.com/forum/posts
2 months

Is there policy on ai?

We've had initial discussions about this among members and admins. This is an emerging technology, so it's difficult at this stage to predict how people will use it and all the issuse that may arise. Therefore, our AI policy will develop as issues arise.

In the short term, we are intending to introduce a seperate category and searches for AI generated images, to distinguish them from photos and artwork. We're also going to add a checkbox for authors to indicate whether their story has been written with AI assistance. There's no sure way of checking this, so we'd be relying on their integrity.
2 months

Is there policy on ai?

MarieTrans:
I wish there was some website plug-in or something somehow you could use to check if something is made by an ai, maybe someday

There are tools available to see if someone used AI programs. However, not all programs are created equal, and false positives exist.
1 month

Is there policy on ai?

i think yeah AI should be ok but it must be marked as such and be removed based off quality (3 arms or a burger for a belly)
1 month