Fat experiences

Thinking about gaining

Hey, I’m thinking about starting to gain on purpose but I’m a little bit worried, any opinions?
1 month

Thinking about gaining

I would suggest exploring the forums quite a bit. There are some excellent people and resources here. It has been incredibly helpful to me over the years. Good luck in your journey, no matter the path you choose.
1 month

Thinking about gaining

Emilyt:
Hey, I’m thinking about starting to gain on purpose but I’m a little bit worried, any opinions?

I’d say just go for it. Gain until you don’t like it and then lose it all again, if you want. It’s not a big deal. How much are you considering?
1 month

Thinking about gaining

Emilyt:

Ok. Well consider the options and the motivations. How big have u imagined getting and what makes u want to gain. Try bringing your gain up in stages -- say first to 200, then 250, then 300, then 350, 400 -- and adjust to each level and see how u like it. Get use to the look and feel and way of life at each level. Hope this helps.
1 month

Thinking about gaining

Just be forewarned, gaining can be a VERY slippery slope. I was roughly 160 at my thinnest & wanted to get to around 200 for a dad bod… a few years later I’m damn near 300 with no end in sight 🤷‍♂️
1 month

Thinking about gaining

Here’s my two cents: whatever you decide do it for you. It’s your body and it’s you who will have to deal with the extra weight and what comes with it (new wardrobe, need more food, etc).

Explore the forum, talk to people but ultimately follow your instinct and stick to your own goal and wishes.

I’d strongly advise not to follow the « gain as much as you can and if you are not happy, lose it » advice because it’s harder to lose than to gain. It’d be safer to go slow and gain, perhaps, just a couple of pounds. See how you feel overall (new weight, body and lifestyle) and decide what you want to do after. But once again, it’s your own journey so you do what you feel is right for you.
1 month