Food and recipes

What foods to eat they won’t immediately send me to the bathroom

I love greasy, cheesy, high in dairy foods. However, all of my favorites seem to have me running to the bathroom almost immediately. It’s gotten to the point where it almost hurts (both my gut and my butt if you know what I mean). What will help me gain, but without the absolute pain that comes afterwards?
2 months

Deadass427:
I love greasy, cheesy, high in dairy foods. However, all of my favorites seem to have me running to the bathroom almost immediately. It’s gotten to the point where it almost hurts (both my gut and my butt if you know what I mean). What will help me gain, but without the absolute pain that comes afterwards?

Are you lactose intolerant? Or have any other GI issues?
2 months

It started out as lactose intolerance, but now it feels like any high calorie, fatty food that I put into my body really messes me up
2 months

Deadass427:
It started out as lactose intolerance, but now it feels like any high calorie, fatty food that I put into my body really messes me up

Switch to high calorie foods that aren't greasy or oily. Nuts, peanut butter/nut butter, avocados, salmon, etc. Also, you may wanna watch to cow's milk alternatives.

Goat cheese and sheep cheese are amazing, but they are more expensive than your traditional cow cheeses. There are also plant based alternatives to dairy products. I do not recommend trying the plant based cheeses.

I've had vegan cheese before. It tastes like sad.
2 months

That’s great thank you. I’ll definitely look into trying those options
2 months

Deadass427:

Munchies:

A lot of it’s fine, some of it’s good. Cashew based nut cheeses can be really tasty, especially when you treat them like a soft cheese with fruit and honey and stuff like that mixed in. Kinda heavy though and not the easiest on the stomach always.

Some of the potato starch based cheeses are more like American cheese, but pretty good American cheese and they melt well. Very much not bad.
2 months

Deadass427:

Munchies:

Letters And Numbers:
A lot of it’s fine, some of it’s good. Cashew based nut cheeses can be really tasty, especially when you treat them like a soft cheese with fruit and honey and stuff like that mixed in. Kinda heavy though and not the easiest on the stomach always.

Some of the potato starch based cheeses are more like American cheese, but pretty good American cheese and they melt well. Very much not bad.

The vegan cheeses where I live are either soy or olive oil based. Perhaps you live in an area where the pickings are better.
2 months

Deadass427:

Munchies:

Letters And Numbers:

Munchies:
The vegan cheeses where I live are either soy or olive oil based. Perhaps you live in an area where the pickings are better.

When you have a weird diet you develop a sixth sense for finding the weird stuff you like.

Cashew cheese you can make with a food processor, though. It’s literally cashews, water, and a pinch of salt. You can use it like a ricotta but it is heavy so a little goes a long way for some folks.
2 months

Deadass427:

Munchies:

Letters And Numbers:

Munchies:

Letters And Numbers:
When you have a weird diet you develop a sixth sense for finding the weird stuff you like.

Cashew cheese you can make with a food processor, though. It’s literally cashews, water, and a pinch of salt. You can use it like a ricotta but it is heavy so a little goes a long way for some folks.

No, I feel you. I have an autoimmune disorder which makes it hard to tolerate a lot of foods. But I also grew up and live in small cities where pickings can be lil slim in terms of food diversity.

If you say that cashew cheese is good, I'll trust you on it. But the soy and olive oil based stuff melts weird and tastes ... sour.
2 months