Lifestyle tips

Eating fast

LeFerrellV:
How were you able to come to this psychology and manipulate it?

HRHB15:
When I’m trying to gain, I eat as fast as possible and try to fill my plate or whatever I am eating off. Sometimes I eat out of serving or mixing bowls. Sometimes I eat off serving platters instead of regular plates. I eat ice cream out of the container and often finish in one sitting, two at most.

I also like to switch between sweet and savory when snacking. By the time I get tired of one, I crave the other.

This all helps me eat more.

Shylady:
I'm also a very fast eater, eating as much as I can as fast as I can. I also must finish my plate (or bowl or whatever), I'm not one for keeping leftovers often.

And switching sweet and savory is an also big winner in my book.

Would you say this has aided or heavily factored in you gaining over the years?
1 month

Eating fast

I believe that’s the reason for what I heard somewhere a while on this topic.
1 month

Eating fast

LeFerrellV:
My fiancee goes on my case about eating my food fast. I just can't help it. It's like my mind turns off when I eat. I do get indigestion from it but the idea of mindless eating is really erotic. Does anybody else have this issue.

BigBallBellyGirl:
I have a friend who teaches middle school. Lunch periods are 40 minutes. That time includes lining the students up to walk to the lunchroom, standing beside her class in the lunch line, and waiting at her designated spot for them to line back up when finished. As a result, teachers end up wolfing down food quickly. She realized, as she unintentionally gained about 20 pounds (unwanted, in her case), she was eating everything quickly and would often be overly full before her brain and stomach connected to realize it. One of her weight loss strategies was to slow down and eat mindfully.

I don't want to lose weight, but when I did decide to more or less maintain, I started doing the same thing. As a stuffer, I'm accustomed to putting away a whole large pizza in 15 minutes. I've had to step back and learn to taste my food instead of packing it in as fast as possible. Granted, I still eat a lot. My maintenance calories at my size are about 4,500 a day. But eating more slowly has helped me cut back to that, from 10,000 to 20,000 as my norm.

I said that all to say, what you've read is definitely true. Take it from a long time power stuffer

LeFerrellV:
10,000 to 20,000 Wow!!! I like to stuff from time to time. I think that's why I eat fast because I have probably learn to turn my mind off when I eat. I don't want to lose weight either. I get stomach indigestion sometimes, especially from eating pizza, and I absolutely love pizza. I wish that I had the money or resources to consume 10,000 to 20,000 calories a day. It is hard for me to consume 4500 calories a day. I wish that I could be mindless to a lot of things sometimes.

Pizza is delicious -- but I know some folks pay for eating large quantities of it with indigestion! For some reason, I have an ironclad digestive system. In spite of everything I have packed in my belly over the years, I can't really recall a time when I had heartburn. Other issues, yes, but not heartburn.
1 month
12   loading