Gaining

Were you fattened as a child?

I think my parents just didn't know ANYTHING about nutrition and well, my mom felt that everything needed to be drowned in butter to be cooked. It didn't stop her however from insultng my weight and tell me how she had no idea why I was overweight infront of everyone in my family. Also, the broekn leg in 2nd grade didn't help much....couldn't do anything for about a year. Sucked.

Thankfully though I started Weightlfiting in High School and that caused a chain reaction in which lead me to Running which I absolutely love <3 Not to mention a HUGE interest in Nutrition. I am currently a personal trainer studying to be a Dietitian.

Fat is wonderful, just not for me.
15 years

Ilyseb wrote:
I'm with Neko and Mercury on this one, coming from a very fat-phobic family. I was actually the "chubby" one in my family. even though I weighed about 105 through most of high school. I was kind of chubby as a small child, so I guess the label of me as the "fat one" kind of stuck. Of course I had an anorexic elder sister and a skinny little brother. I did gain about 10 pounds my freshman year of college and I remember my mom giving me a hard time about it.

Boy are they going to freak when we go up to visit for Easter.

Do you smell wood burning?smiley I just had to get a calender and look up when Easter is.If you just keep going like you've been you will weigh 180 or more on April 15th -Easter.Even if you stop right at 162 they will still be stunned.Have you given any more thought as to whether you're going to stop at the original goal-or will you let things just kind of play themselves out?I love contemplating what they would think of you with a 70 pound gain.You're short-180 would be the beginning of being kind of "Round" .I'm really looking forward to finding out what you and your husbands thoughts are when you make 162-which is only a couple weeks away.Thanks for sharing.Matt
15 years

my parents always offerred us as much food as we wanted at table, but snacks were limited. my grandma and aunts however used to force food on us the whole time we spent at them.

thinking about how much food we used to eat, im surprised my siblings & I weren't fat as kids
14 years