Lifestyle tips

Should get the stomach bypass

Do you know what food irritated her intestine?
1 month

MarieTrans:
Interesting question to post on a fat-loving website
1 month

Yes, it is. Controversial topics are always good, don't you think?
1 month

Delta9:
Not medical advice.
But I do know someone who got it and regretted it. Basically food was her whole life and embodied everything she enjoyed. So obviously she was big. But contrast that with taking away someone's one source of joy and happiness - eating good food, which she couldn't do afterwards. Most foods she couldn't even tolerate anymore. And her hair started falling out because she wasn't getting protein and proper nutrients afterwards. She actually told me she regretted the surgery. Even though she lost weight and looked good. It was easier and happier just being fat.
1 month

Delta9:
Not medical advice.
But I do know someone who got it and regretted it. Basically food was her whole life and embodied everything she enjoyed. So obviously she was big. But contrast that with taking away someone's one source of joy and happiness - eating good food, which she couldn't do afterwards. Most foods she couldn't even tolerate anymore. And her hair started falling out because she wasn't getting protein and proper nutrients afterwards. She actually told me she regretted the surgery. Even though she lost weight and looked good. It was easier and happier just being fat.
1 month

what food she could not longer tolerate. what happened to her when she could tolerate the food. How is she doing now?
1 month

Dasassy420:
I am thinking about getting the stomach bypass surgery. tell me some good reason not too!

Feedmesqueezeme:
I'm not a medical professional but my brother actually got a gastric bypass last year so I know a few things.

Although he has lost a lot of weight he found that a lot of foods actually make him sick now and he has to avoid some of his previously favourite foods.

He has to avoid certain vegetables and was told he needs to take vitamins daily as his body can't digest them any longer as well as sticking to a high protein diet with minimal red meat.

I'm not sure if it is the same everywhere (my brother went to a private clinic in the UK) but he also had to stick to a liquid shake diet for a month before the surgery to prove he was able to lose some weight before they would operate and he said it was awful.

However as it's already been mentioned it's worth considering the risks and benefits and deciding if it's right for you.
1 month

How did he feel when he was on the liquid diet? is he happy now?
1 month

Dasassy420:
How did he feel when he was on the liquid diet? is he happy now?

He said it was really difficult and not enjoyable but he managed it and was able to get the surgery. He did lose a lot of weight quickly (he lost like 30lbs in the first 2 months) and he is happy as he always struggled with weight loss and it was really affecting his mental health so I'm happy it helped him in that regard.
1 month

It didn't come to that, but my Lisa is so fat, the last time she went for a physical check-up, everyone urgently recommended gastric bypass as soon as possible.

Good thing she's so confident in her big self, she could turn them down and avoid their pressure.
1 month
123   loading