General

Do i give in?

Delta9:
From another point of view:
A person's body can change a lot faster than their partner's preferences can keep up. Small changes are bound to happen slowly over time. That's just the process of aging and everyone knows that. If you're really in a long term, committed relationship then I think it's the responsibility of both partners to accept and account for this reality. No one stays young forever.
However, when you make the conscious decision to drastically change your body in a way you know won't be attractive to your partner, a person who you supposedly care about, I think it in some way violates the implied terms of the relationship. Nobody wants to sign up for one thing just to get the bait and switch later.
If I love my partner, don't I have some responsibility to at least try and maintain my body in a way that will be attractive to her? And of course there are any number of ways a person can change themselves, not just getting fatter or thinner. Drugs and alcohol are another way of destroying your body.
If you choose to put yourself and your own desires before your relationship and your partner, that's fine. It's not a wrong decision. But maybe you should talk to him first or simply end the relationship instead of leaving him stuck with someone he doesn't think is attractive anymore, forcing him to make the choice to leave or not.

Munchies:
Not you likening weight gain to substance abuse.

That's not cute, sweetie.

Look, if someone gains or loses a lot of weight by choice, but those gain's aren't impacting your life significantly, then that person is shallow.

If you are in a relationship that's based on being active or you are neglecting your relationship in favor of getting fat, that's one thing. But if the only thing that's changing about your relationship in a number on the scale, then the person who wants to leave is a shallow piece of crap.

BigBallBellyGirl:
Oh, dang. Absolutely.

Look... my fiance likes me as an SSBBW, but when I gained 80 pounds in two months, I had some health symptoms that scared us both. We talked about all my options, including weight loss. I asked him how he would feel if I chose that route. His reply was, "It would be an adjustment, but I'd rather adjust than know you were unhappy, scared, or sick. I'm in this with you no matter what."

Likewise, a major turn on for him is stuffing me to extremes. We can't do that regularly though. I'd be bed-bound in no time. Even though we miss it, because we consider it a sexy aspect of our relationship, we have found other things we enjoy that don't bear the same consequences. I'm pretty thankful he finds different aspects of me attractive, not just my size.

Yup. Every time I call someone shallow for this, someone will always say "oh, but it's fine to be shallow in a relationship."

No it's not. And anyone who think it is has never been in a healthy, emotionally mature relationship.

There's nothing wrong with having a preference. Everyone has them. But if someone who claims to love you finds your weight gain (or loss) repulsive, then that person never loved you at all.
1 month

Do i give in?

Munchies:

Look, if someone gains or loses a lot of weight by choice, but those gain's aren't impacting your life significantly, then that person is shallow.

If you are in a relationship that's based on being active or you are neglecting your relationship in favor of getting fat, that's one thing. But if the only thing that's changing about your relationship in a number on the scale, then the person who wants to leave is a shallow piece of crap.

Delta9:
Yeah, I figured you would have something to say.
People have a right to do whatever they want with their own bodies. Including leave relationships they aren't happy in. To some people physical attraction is a big part of that. (Not making any moral statements about whether that's good or bad)
There may be any number of other reasons people are unhappy in relationships including a partner's or their own changing habits and lifestyle.
But I think that intentionally doing things you know will make your partner see you as unattractive is in some way disloyal to the relationship. Everyone has a different tolerance for what they're willing to accept. For some it may take something extreme like substance abuse, and for others maybe it's a number on a scale - shallow or not.
Also I think that sometimes when a person decides to let themselves go as we say, what they really mean is they are letting go of the pressure and responsibility to please their partner because they're giving up on the relationship in some way.
If OP really wants advice whether or not to gain, I'm sure the opinions coming from this particular site will be heavily skewed towards gaining! Seems to me more like looking for support on a position already chosen. I think OP is likely already dissatisfied with said relationship and that's why strongly considering "letting go".
Would you be with someone who couldn't love you if you got fatter??

My opinions have nothing to do with whether or not OP gains. I don't care if they do or don't. That's up to OP, and I make it a personal point to never recommend someone to gain or lose weight.

Once again, substance abuse and getting fat are not the same thing. They are not even close to the same thing. And it's disgusting you'd even compare them.

Have you ever seen substance abuse up close? It destroys everyone and everything around them. There's a lot of lying, cheating, and stealing. You watch the person you love's body disentigrate in front of you. It's bad. And in some cases, if you don't leave that people you will die.

Compare that to getting fat. Unless you become obsessed with wieght gain or are doing it in an irresponsible way, it effects no one. I can understand if the gains are majorly impacting lifestyle, but for the average person, getting fat is an aesthetic change.

Now, circling back to my original point, it appears that you and I agree on most parts of this. Where we disagree is the part about how it's your responsibility not to bait and switch your partner concerning intentional weight gain.

If you know you plan to be 500 lbs and lie to your partner so you can date, that's one thing. But if you are in a relationship, and discover you want to get fat, that's not a bait and switch. That's you discovering something about yourself.

If your partner isn't into or open to feedism, and you know it's something you need to be happy, then you are sexually incompatable. It sucks, but it happens. No one is necessarily at fault here.

However, if your partner doesn't want you to gain weight because "fatties are gross" then that partner is a fatphobic piece of trash who can go fall in a hole. If your value to someone is tied to a number on a scale, that person is trash. That person never loved you.

So whether or not OP decides to gain is besides the point. They know their partner wouldn't want them if they got fat. That's a partner that doesn't love them.
1 month

Do i give in?

Delta9:
A person's body can change a lot faster than their partner's preferences can keep up. Small changes are bound to happen slowly over time. That's just the process of aging and everyone knows that. If you're really in a long term, committed relationship then I think it's the responsibility of both partners to accept and account for this reality. No one stays young forever.
However, when you make the conscious decision to drastically change your body in a way you know won't be attractive to your partner, a person who you supposedly care about, I think it in some way violates the implied terms of the relationship. Nobody wants to sign up for one thing just to get the bait and switch later.
If I love my partner, don't I have some responsibility to at least try and maintain my body in a way that will be attractive to her? And of course there are any number of ways a person can change themselves, not just getting fatter or thinner. Drugs and alcohol are another way of destroying your body.
If you choose to put yourself and your own desires before your relationship and your partner, that's fine. It's not a wrong decision. But maybe you should talk to him first or simply end the relationship instead of leaving him stuck with someone he doesn't think is attractive anymore, forcing him to make the choice to leave or not.

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:
Oh, dang. Absolutely.

Look... my fiance likes me as an SSBBW, but when I gained 80 pounds in two months, I had some health symptoms that scared us both. We talked about all my options, including weight loss. I asked him how he would feel if I chose that route. His reply was, "It would be an adjustment, but I'd rather adjust than know you were unhappy, scared, or sick. I'm in this with you no matter what."

Likewise, a major turn on for him is stuffing me to extremes. We can't do that regularly though. I'd be bed-bound in no time. Even though we miss it, because we consider it a sexy aspect of our relationship, we have found other things we enjoy that don't bear the same consequences. I'm pretty thankful he finds different aspects of me attractive, not just my size.

Munchies:
Yup. Every time I call someone shallow for this, someone will always say "oh, but it's fine to be shallow in a relationship."

No it's not. And anyone who think it is has never been in a healthy, emotionally mature relationship.

There's nothing wrong with having a preference. Everyone has them. But if someone who claims to love you finds your weight gain (or loss) repulsive, then that person never loved you at all.

X_Larsson:
Your view keeps being very one directional, and repetitive. To a feeder, and to a feedee, gaining CAN be a key element to the attraction and important to the relation and dynamics. Period.

So, your posts, heavily saturated with a certain view on things, are, and remain, your opinion.
It is getting boring to see you stomping in to these discussions, and preach your views over and over. Because they are your opinions, and yours only, and they are not some ultimate truth.
Other people obviously have quite different, well founded views on these topics.

Have you ever been in a healthy relationship? Feedist or otherwise?

I am legitimately curious.
4 weeks

Do i give in?

Delta9:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:
Oh, dang. Absolutely.

Munchies:

X_Larsson:
Your view keeps being very one directional, and repetitive. To a feeder, and to a feedee, gaining CAN be a key element to the attraction and important to the relation and dynamics. Period.

So, your posts, heavily saturated with a certain view on things, are, and remain, your opinion.
It is getting boring to see you stomping in to these discussions, and preach your views over and over. Because they are your opinions, and yours only, and they are not some ultimate truth.
Other people obviously have quite different, well founded views on these topics.

Just a reminder that this thread was made by an user who created a brand new account and immediately made a single controversial post, and hasn’t logged in since. If their intention was to get people riled up and arguing, mission accomplished. Please, don’t fall for the bait and argue with each other. Bumping a thread that was dead for a week to snipe at another user isn’t constructive.
4 weeks

Do i give in?

Delta9:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:
Oh, dang. Absolutely.

Munchies:

X_Larsson:

Letters And Numbers:
Just a reminder that this thread was made by an user who created a brand new account and immediately made a single controversial post, and hasn’t logged in since. If their intention was to get people riled up and arguing, mission accomplished. Please, don’t fall for the bait and argue with each other. Bumping a thread that was dead for a week to snipe at another user isn’t constructive.

was gunna put in my 2 cents, then saw the account...
4 weeks

Do i give in?

Delta9:

If you've falen in love with somebody you wont love them despite their imperfections but because of them!
4 weeks
12   loading