Fat experiences

First time someone mentioned your weight gain

First time was when An ex said i looked so happy.. cause i gained cute plump cheeks and i look like a teddybear..
1 month

OverX5555:
When was the first time someone mentioned something about your weight after getting fat? Was it a negative or fun experience for you?

I remember this happening twice. Once in 2000 and once in '01.

The first time was at a rec centre I worked at. There was a kid who said that I was getting fat. It was the first time I had been successful in gaining. I had tried before, but my metabolism was too strong. I had put on about 15ish pounds. Going from 120 about to 135. It was noticeable on my short frame.

The next time was a few months later after I moved cities. I went back home and visited some friends. One of them poked me in the stomach and said I needed to go to the gym. I had gained another 10 or 15 pounds by then.

This time in my life was when I essentially gained my "freshman 15" even though I had graduated by then.

I felt fantastic after both encounters. It confirmed that I was indeed getting fatter for the first time in my life. After years of trying.

Little do either of these people know that I am more than 100lbs heavier than I was then and loving it.
1 month

It's not the first time, surely, because essentially, I've been gaining all my life and getting fatter and fatter. However, last year, I put on 80 lb in 2 months. When I saw my best friend after I grew so quickly, she commented that she wasn't expecting the difference to be so dramatic even though I told her I gained a lot of weight. She also commented on how crazy it was that my belly was round and somewhat firm instead of super jiggly. I was thrilled of course, since I had been stuffing around the clock with the goal of growing as big as possible.
1 month

It is odd for me because only a few people saw me near my biggest because I was working from home. All of them were people living in my apartment complex. I have a few fun stories from that time that I might write into stories on here at some point, but the one I thought of when I saw this post was just after I had gone past 300, my scale having errored with its 300 pound limit the week before.

A neighbor I'd seen move in a couple years before was leaving, she was an older woman, pretty, nice, enjoyed plants, books, and was a classical violinist I believe. She'd been away for just over a year, taking care of her ailing mother. I'd offered to take care of her cat, not knowing she'd be gone so long. She had called to let me know she'd be coming back, and dropping by to get the last of her things and pick up the key.

When I answered my door the look on her face was pure shock. I'd been around 165 when she'd last seen me. She hid it quickly, but I'd seen it. We had a polite conversation, I handed her her key, she thanked me for taking care of her cat and place. No comments about my size, whether mocking or teasing happened throughout, though the walking around the hall and her apartment has me breathing a bit heavy.

I recall thinking that she'd taken it surprisingly well, and she locked her apartment for the last time, she got a bit teared up and said thank you, and surprised me with a hug. I blushed and was embarrassed, but she was unfazed. Our conversation continued as I walked with her to my door, and wished her well.

What came next felt like it was straight out of the beginning of one of any number of stories posted here. I'm almost 100% positive it was an innocent gesture, but it fully burned the whole thing into my memory. She, I kid you not, said, "Take care of yourself hun." and patted my gut. And not like a top of the belly pat with one hand. She put a hand on either side of my huge gut and one of them moved up and down to pat it. I was stunned. She then smiled, turned, and left, like nothing weird had happened.

That was it. She left, I haven't seen or heard from her since, but yeah...that was the first time since I'd gained that someone acknowledged my weight.
6 days

I was terrified to be seen after my weight gain, but when one of my best friends from college saw me, she was like "Oh my god you have an ASS! baby got BACK!" and started complimenting how much healthier I looked and how much nicer I behaved since recovering from anorexia. Since my recovery/weight gain ive gotten very few comments on my size but Ive been told i have a "glow" or that my vibes are significantly less rancid than they were when i was killing myself to be thin lol
6 days