Gaining

Am i a bad person

If your wife were concerned about her alcoholism and wanted to cut back, but you though she was more fun and sexy drunk and just left beer and whisky bottles *around* the house in case she found them - what type of person would you be?

If she wants to lose weight, it's HER body, not yours, and even bringing in food that you know she'll have a weakness for is passively abusive. Don't be a jerk. Support her and her wishes.
14 years

Am i a bad person

Probably said in a dozen different ways but i'll just type this. A crack addicted person want's to stop but you keep giving them money to buy the crack, now you can say you aren't buying the crack and it's that persons fault that there still doing it.
14 years

Am i a bad person

These are some of the most articulate posts I've ever read here. Here you have a forum of people, many of whom enjoy the feeder/feedee/foodee lifestyle waxing eloquently about how this situation is just wrong.

I think you're delusional if you think that you aren't contributing to her weight gain. What do you mean, it's her fault if she has no willpower? What about you, do you have willpower? Can you NOT bring fattening foods in the house.

The second you started preparing fattening meals for her, you became an active feeder, and you can't escape that. If all other aspects of your relationship are good (and I can't imagine how they could be, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt), then you must allow her to be herself in the relationship, or one of you should end it.

And while Boo Boo Kitty may be right, you may be co-dependent, I think your active participation with an unwilling "victim" might make you less co-dependent, and somewhat sadistic.

This is not judging in any way.....just the way I see it. Perhaps if you were honest with yourself, you'd own up to it, and do one of the 2 right things to do in this situation.....1. Make her happy, and allow her to be herself or 2. End the relationship.

And yes, Cookie is on a roll.
14 years