What food do you most identify with?

Lasagna - because I have orange hair, and I'm a cat.

Lol - jk - I think I would most closely identify with a bacon cheeseburger. A bit salty in some sections, but consistent and savory. (Also round with a nice set of buns?)
10 months

What does fat symbolize to you?

I love reading all of these responses.

It means a few different things to me:

1. Being fat is physically attractive to me - if I hear someone described as "fat", my reaction is immediately positive about that person and I already have a positive inclination/impression.

2. Touch and feeding are my love languages - I am attracted to fat people because there is literally more of them, and any weight gain that is the result of my feeding/encouragement is a physical indication of someone receiving my love.

3. Intentional fatness and weight gain are "metal" as hell - to reject a lifetime of cultural norms and to embrace fatness is an awesome sign of confidence, rebelliousness, or undeniable indulgence. This is an amazing turn on, and excites the part of me that resists my obedient and unassuming upbringing.
10 months

Best author for weight gain?

There really are some terrific bibliophiles in here! Loving this thread so far - watching with interest!

Personally I'd love to see Peter Watts or Dan Simmons do a science fiction take.
10 months

Crossing from feeder to gainer

Kacchan:
Would you please elaborate on this last paragraph? I'm genuinely interested by what you mean - what type of fatphobia did you encounter in your self?

Greentrees8733:
Sure! Here's an example: one time, I was walking in town and noticed I was uncomfortable because I was sucking in my gut... but why was I doing that in that situation? I reflected, and realized that I was trying to avoid being perceived as fat. Why was I trying to avoid it? Apparently, to some degree, I'd internalized socially dominant narratives about being fat = bad.

So I instead decided to be propaganda and walk around being my actually fat self.

Does that kinda get at what you meant?

Yes - thanks! I completely understand - it's hard to shake social norms, even when we make a decision to move away from them.
10 months

Greentrees8733:

I can’t say that I was anxious about “crossing the line”. Presently, I do sometimes experience some mild anxiety from being a fat person living in a fatphobic society. Gaining also led me to encounter unconscious/internalized fatphobia I didn’t think was there. That’s been eye opening.

Would you please elaborate on this last paragraph? I'm genuinely interested by what you mean - what type of fatphobia did you encounter in your self?
10 months

Greentrees8733:

I can’t say that I was anxious about “crossing the line”. Presently, I do sometimes experience some mild anxiety from being a fat person living in a fatphobic society. Gaining also led me to encounter unconscious/internalized fatphobia I didn’t think was there. That’s been eye opening.

10 months
1011121314   loading