Anyone aware of the rumour...

I've only seen research indicating that soy products (eg soy milk), use of anabolic steroids, or particular health conditions (hyperthyroidism, tumours, pituitary gland issues, etc) can cause man boobage.
11 years

Events/meet-ups photo gallery!

Gorgeous girls. Lucky Jimmy.

Also: BOOBS!!!! smiley
11 years

Ever feel like giving up?

softgirl wrote:
Gingersnaps wrote:
foxglove wrote:
girls spend less time wanking in their bedrooms

lol. I don't actually think that's true you know.

Studies into gender and sexuality indicate that it is. psycnet.apa.org/journals/bul/114/1/29/ (I just got this from a quick google, though I suspect there are more interesting sources online!)

Women don't grow up in a society that teaches them that they do have, or that it is ok to have, a sexuality. Obviously a lot of what foxglove said is generalised but she's highlighting some good points and genuine issues!

Haha Softgirl you're only flipping right!

healthland.time.com/2011/08/11/boys-masturbate-more-than-girls-seriously/
11 years

fantasyfeeder.com/cms/infusions/forum/view-thread.php

Your profile says you're NYC so maybe this meet up could be organised by you? There's obviously interest, but no-one's taken the bull by the horns. Quite often the meet ups in London are just informal gatherings in a pub - often organised by one or other of the younger crowd. It doesn't have to be a massive party, just pick a pub/coffee/buffet place, pick a time, publicise it, and see who turns up. Nothing to lose.
11 years

Dude. Seriously? You're 19. Loads of people have never had ANY contact with the opposite sex by that age. You're not even allowed to have a drink yet where you live. And yet you think you've been looking for a suitable (what? partner? or just someone who's interested?) person for so long you want to give up? OMG. Life is gonna disappoint you for sure if you think everything happens as fast as that.

Seriously, looking at your profile (top marks for that by the way, nice pics, details about your interests, witty), there are lots of comments from hot women and several overtures (offers to chat etc). I think you're doing a lot better than most guys on here. Remember the internet (especially sites for sexually-oriented stuff) is not the natural home of women and so the numbers/ratios are skewed against you here.

Also I suspect that a lot of girls take a bit longer to work out what their sexual triggers are than boys (simply because girls spend less time wanking in their bedrooms to various sources of stimuli during their teenage years...). I see you've been a member for 5 years (naughty! smiley ) which just shows you've been aware of your sexual preferences for a long time - most girls at 14 were still thinking about their Barbies or massively into jumping rope or whatever. And they talk to their girlfriends on the phone for hours rather than trawl the internet in search of kicks. So you're ahead of the curve compared to them.

I know saying give it (more) time is really hard to take when you're 19 and HORNY but y'know... I had a boyfriend when I was 18-19 then pretty much no boyfriend (apart from a few randoms and one-night stands) until I was 29. It's not unusual. It was deeply frustrating. Things go in fits and starts.

As to whether you should start ignoring what you really like in order to find a partner... hmm. We all recognise that having a niche interest/preference/fetish does narrow down the pool. I'm sure you've thought about it, but have you tried going to (or organising) an FF meet up near you? We have regular meet ups in London and the people your age are all jumping each other's bones at every meet up (from what I can see anyway haha).

Chill, you're young, you're obviously pretty hot (!) and you have an endearing way of presenting yourself. It will happen, you hold all the cards.
11 years

Events/meet-ups photo gallery!

LOVE the one of Miss Thunder and Softgirl with the knickerbocker glory!! Such lovely smiles (and I so want that ice cream haha)
11 years

Helpful blog

p0ckets wrote:
sethman wrote:
p0ckets wrote:
I would say not posting creep threads like this would be a good start :3

It's creepy that I linked to a blog? I don't understand. Have we all not read thread after thread here of guys complaining that girls don't message back, girls complaining that guys don't really respect them, etc.? I just thought that the post was insightful, and figured I'd share. I've said very similar things to that post in previous threads. But if I did something wrong here, please feel free to further explain what it is, and I'd be glad to apologize once I really understand what social error I committed here.

Why would you want to help them though? It's not like it's an etiquette school that will change their behaviour & attitude past the first couple of messages. I guess I can see where you're coming from though, & maybe I was a little harsh. But I really don't see this as any different to things like "how to date a rich man", "How to get your boyfriend to propose" etc. They are all a little manipulative.

Not sure, I think the blog in question is written from the perspective of a fat woman and is regarding the way she would like to be treated?
11 years

Helpful blog

Eh, eh, calm down, calm down!

If he'd said, "I found this, thought it was good, worth a read" that would have been fine.

Sethman I guess what they're getting at is 1. most men with any empathy or social skills shouldn't need this because fat girls are just like tall girls or girls who like books or girls who are funny. They're just humans, and needing a guide as to how to interact with them suggests they are odd or difficult or a special beast that you have to treat differently. 2. it just slightly makes me wince because if one were being cynical one might think you were recommending the guide in the blog because if you have no success with women generally it's time to try "a tactic" on them, rather than just... being a normal person who interacts with people they like. 3. The person who called you a creep might have thought you were sharing a methodology (I'm thinking The Game by Neil Strauss) to pick up women? Not sure.

I dunno, I'm kinda guessing because, use of the term "lovely ladies" (*puke*) aside, I don't really get why you're getting haters here. I'm not saying you have to call us "wimmin" and slam doors in our faces but yeah, "lovely ladies" is a tad old-fashioned and smacks of outmoded gender roles blah blah. Or something.

But on the whole it's a good recommendation because although I agree that fat girls are just girls, it IS a minefield because fatness throws up so many issues for so many people. Fat girls ARE more likely to be sensitive about their appearance/hyper-aware of their weight as an issue because of the way society treats fat (especially fat women), and to assume you are taking the p*ss if you approach them, simply because that's what might have happened to them in the past. So yeah I think your post is useful because sometimes I imagine it's hard to work out the best approach when there are conflicting pressures. You might feel you shouldn't have to mention their weight because, frankly, it shouldn't have to be an issue, but your instinct might be that you want to tell them immediately that you love the fact they're fat in order to somehow... reassure them you're not bogus.

I think it IS a tricky area and the blog is useful reading. However - to be fair an hour spent perusing these forums would probably have told you the same stuff and I note you say you've already said things like what appears in the blog before - so yeah, I guess that's why another person thought it was patronising.
11 years

Currently reading...

Canada by Richard Ford. Oddly for one of his novels, stuff happens.
11 years

Going to the pub?

Been crushing on Vesper martinis recently.
11 years