Acid reflux

GAVISCON is the answer. You can get it in any chemist. It's chalky and alkaline to neutralise the acid. It's totally safe - they even give it to babies (so my mother tells me, but to be fair she was a midwife in the 60s so times may have changed haha). You can get it in liquid form or tablets which are handy for keeping in your handbag. They're a bit chalky and foamy in the mouth but they do the job.

I find eating wheat products like bread, pasta and pizza cause heartburn, plus alcohol and sugar. It's especially bad if I eat a lot of those things near bedtime.
11 years

Insecure girlfriend

It takes a long long time to accept yourself especially if your body doesn't conform to society's ideals. Girls particularly are totally brainwashed into thinking that only slim is attractive.

Could you show her this site without freaking her out? I find the more fat bodies I look at, the more my brain has trained itself to think of a larger woman as normal - to the point where I sometimes do a double-take when I see a skinny woman in a magazine or on the tv.

And the more you look at fat people, the more you see beyond the fat to the fact that there is an individual with their own qualities underneath, without the fact that they are fat being the first thing you notice.

I'm not saying whitewash the fact they are fat because that's unpalatable. I'm saying that most people have been so conditioned to recoil at the sight of fat that that is all they see - the average person doesn't look closer and see what beautiful hair/eyes/skin/fashion sense/grace etc or indeed PERSONALITY a fat person might possess, which at the end of the day is obviously the most important factor.

Perhaps if your girlfriend gets used to fat being commonplace and normal she won't feel that that is the only thing that defines her, the first thing people notice, the most important thing about her, and will be able to accept it and rank it where it belongs - an incidental aspect of her appearance like the colour of her eyes or the length of her nails.

But it's a really hard stage to get to, and you may find you can't help. She might just have to go through the processes of getting there herself in her own time.
11 years

Insecure girlfriend

mcfalgan wrote:
Just reasure that's she's beutiful and its her mind that counts not her personality

Are you on drugs?
11 years

Currently listening to?

lumpy wrote:
Grizzly Bear's new album 'Shields' is great

Agreed. I love love love it. Especially "Sleeping Ute" and "Yet Again".

I can't work out if they're nerdy or cool though.
11 years

Question for the girls!

MrFat93 wrote:
Well when I say "fat men" I actually don't meant like 300+ pounds, that is too much, I meant more like 200-300 pounds.

Yeah a boy with a chubby round tummy can be super-cute smiley

Depends on the distribution. For me, a tallish man with a bit of chub round the middle, or even a really large belly, can be very sexy depending on where he carries it and what shape it is.

I'm endorsing the facial hair vibe too. Beards rock, and particularly suit the fatter man I think. And I may be weird but frankly the 'tache is a very underrated facial adornment.

At the end of the day it's all about the person though. Skinny, medium or fat... do it with confidence, a smile and some suave panache and ladykind will be putty in your hands.
11 years

Making a fat girl work out

Making a fat girl work out is such a hot topic thread so I'm bumping this. Someone wanna share?!

I have to admit that the idea of going to the gym is only fun because I'm basically making a fat girl work out, haha. I have this fantasy about using the treadmill for 5 minutes, failing in a hot sticky mess, then going over to the set of scales that are in the cardio room at my gym, and weighing myself in front of everyone. They're the kind that have a pillar with the old-fashioned slidey-weights on top, rather than a dial or digital display. So everyone can see across the room where the little weights are placed.

If there were someone making me work out in order to make fun of me, in my head that would be HOT. (Although in reality it would probably be totes humiliating haha.)
11 years

Is this for real?

mcfalgan wrote:
I have never gotten a response on anything, posts, shout or email. It seems a bit odd

Dude you've only been a member since 17th Oct and now it's the 18th Oct!! Give it a chance. There are loads of friendly people on here. Bear in mind that if you're messaging girls (that's a guess, you might not be) they are in the minority and sometimes it takes a while for them to reply to everyone.

Come along to Halloween, you won't get ignored! Message Miss Thunder for a ticket.
11 years