The hell that is my life

Thinniht wrote:
@Gary-
I stand by my original statement. Except maybe dumb was the wrong word. Maybe I meant ignorant.
Given your experience, wouldn't you say that cheating is never the answere? And wouldn't you base that statement on your own first-hand experience?
If you don't think you're happy then you should move on. If you're happy where you're at and the temptation to malign your situation pops up and you resist it... that makes you a good person. Straight up. End of sentance.
Any other opinion comes from either ignorance (I.e. lack of experience) or straight up assholiness.
I have to disagree with you a little as you make everything sound so black and white. Life is just not like that, it's full of several shades of grey. Serial manogomy causes just as much heartache, as it doesn't give the partner you are with a chance either. That partner may not want to break up just because of some discontentment. That all said I don't think that anyone continually cheating is acceptable either. Going out looking for every opportunity to cheat is disgusting behaviour.
12 years

Growing fat fetish

The hearty appitite thing has certainly been something I've always found attractive in a girl, whether she is slim, or fat. I never liked girls to pick at their food and leave loads of it, particularly if I took a girl out to a restaurant. I think this must have something to do with the primal instincts in us and being a provider.
12 years

Name 5 songs

Down The Sewer - The Stranglers
Walk On By - The stranglers
Goodbye Toulouse - The Stranglers
Nice 'N' Sleazy - The Stranglers
Who Wants The World - The Stranglers

Just thought they needed a mention.
12 years

University shoutouts

14 years ago now. Oxford Brooks, got a 2:1 in Geography and Sociology and ended up as a taxi driver??
12 years

Quotes you like

Love OniGumo's film picks, but then I'm a bit of a nerd too. I have plenty of good ones that I picked up from WH Smiths diaries. Here are my favourites, that haven't been said already.

Everthing has beauty but not everyone sees it. - Confucius.

Most rock journalism consists of people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk for the benefit of people who can't read. - Frank Zappa.

Before enlightenment I chopped wood and carried water, after enlightenment I chopped wood and carried water. - Zen saying.

Marriages are said to be made in heaven, which may be why they don't work here on earth. - Thomas Szasz (American psychiatrist).

A cynic should never marry an idealist. For the cynic, marriage represents the welcome end of the romantic life, with it's agony and ecstasy. But for the idealist it is only the beginning. - Julie Burchill (British jounalist).

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln.

The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you'll grow out of it. - Doris Day.

The biggest seller is cookbooks and the second is diet books - how not to eat what you've just learned how to cook. - Andy Rooney (American reporter).

One of the unsung freedoms that go with a free press is the freedom not to read it. - Ferdinand Mount (British journalist).
12 years

The hell that is my life

Thinniht wrote:
fatFairy wrote:
Rogue wrote:
If there were more guys like you out there, a lot less women would have to cry themselves to sleep.
Thank you for sharing your experience. The way you dealt with it kinda restores my faith in men.
I wish you all the best smiley

All of you above wrote some absolutely wonderful, beautiful lines.

However, I couldn't help myself but to look at it once more - critically:
The world is full of people (both genders) cheating on their partners. Not because of some particular reason, but because they can. 'The opportunity makes a thief', sort of thing.
If you look around, you see it every step of the way.

Does these answers above give a right picture of the world surrounding us?
No.
How come?

Is that a sign that the 'ethics' level in feed/FA community is higher than average?

Or are we all plain giving 'socially adjusted' answers?

Just food for thoughts... smiley

That's just plain dumb. First of all a group can't have a higher standard because it will consist of individuals with individual standards. Secondly, I don't think people here are giving 'socially adjusted' answers. Yeah I see people cheating all the time but the vast VAST majority op people I've met don't cheat, seriously frown on cheaters, or regret the one time they did cheat and absolutely broke someon's heart and would never do it again.
I believe these answers are sincere. It's just that the people who high-five each other for getting extra notches in their belt without having to give up the security of a relationship haven't posted on this topic because they didn't particularly want to out themselves.
I don't think the post by fatFairy was dumb, but I also agree that those that have been unfaithful have not posted for fear of being lambasted. So here goes!

Years ago when I was young I was unfaithful to my girlfriend, with a girl who was equally as lovely as girlfriend. She was in an abusive marriage and needed a shoulder to cry on as much as anything. Clearly there was a great attraction with each other and a friendship that develpoed further. as we were working together in a close environment, we talked a lot and I would go as far as to say that we did love each other. When we eventually made love it racked me with guilt and not wanting to lose my girlfriend I made little contact with the other girl, by this time we were not working together. I feel that I let the other girl down as much as my girlfriend by not continuing this relationship. Yes you can be in love with two girls at the same time, for the act we performed was genuinely something special. However, it was my cowardly behaviour in not being here for this other girl that was my worst act.

Some years later when my girlfriend and I had split up, I hooked up with a gorgeous looking girl I met in a nightclub. She was in a loveless marriage, (I didn't have any idea until she wanted to break up) her husband no longer found her attractive due to her weight gain. I was rather shocked, but personally would have liked the relationship to continue.

These days I try not to put my puritan hat on and judge people for their discrepancies, as each situation is individual and some of these infidelaties can be for good reason. More destructive than the acts themselves is guilt and regret. If anyone does think they will feel those evil emotions, under no circumstances should they be unfaithful, neither should they unburden themselves by telling their partner, as this is just cruel.
12 years

Out of the fat closet

Your age makes this difficault, as confidence is the key ingrediant here. Basically you have to turn this situation on it's head. Next time they point out a fat girl, you could say "don't you think she's attractive, SERIOUSLY!", but it has to be done with confidence and a slightly tongue in cheek manner. Also you can say, "until you've been with a fat girl you don't know what you've been missing, but I really don't want too much competition, so hands off". They most likely will return with comments like, "no chance", or "you've got to be mad" etc etc. In all of this you've got to act like you've found the holy grail and they're just fumbling in the dark.
12 years

How does a fat fetish develop?

I think all view point here have value, as a fat fetish is a very subjective matter. Personally, my development has graduated gradually from fancying slim girls when in my teens, but also liking slightly chubby girls. Even with the slim girls, it was always their more wobbly bits that turned me on. Then gradually as I got older liking fatter and fatter girls. At present I have a preference ranging from slightly chubby to supersized. Never thought it would go that far, but I find fat really addictive.

I have always been a sucker for is a pretty face and in my experience fatter girls have prettier and friendlier faces. As for wanting girls to gain, this has been with me since my teens for sure. As for why? I have thought about this for quite some time. I would say that a great many people have this preference in them (many more than would realise), but that most subdue this preference due to the media and peer pressure. If you have a more leftfield personality and have had very little negative reinforcement reguarding fat, then I think this preference will develop more naturally. More often than not it was fatter girls that I would get on best with, or would hit on me, thus I had plenty of positive reinforcement to help my preferences.

With so many more people in the western world getting fatter, there will be more positive and less negative reinforcement. When children see their mothers having good sex lives and still being very attractive to their sexual partners, this can only have a more positive effect. I'm sure that my mum's weight gain must have had a positive effect, as she was still attractive to the opposite sex. Also when my parents split, my dad married a chubby woman.
12 years

Best cities in the world?

London, Manchester and a small shout for Sheffield. All have, or have had great music scenes.
12 years

Attention pervs!

Weeze wrote:
You see there's this thing called White Knighting. It's also something guys on here enjoy doing. /justsaying
White Knighting eh. Better just stick to perving, then at least we know where we stand.
12 years