Can we get better bot and scamer protection

LydiaFatPuppy,

Thank you for creating the mock up's and for sharing your ideas on improving the site and chat experience by combatting the issue of scammers and spambots.

This is always an ongoing issue and as hiccupx has said we do have lots of tools in place to help counter this, but it is always an ongoing battle, we make changes then spambots find a way around it, then we update... and so on.

We already use browser fingerprinting methods to identify bots and scammers who are signing up again after being banned. But as always things are never 100% perfect and can always be improved.

I can assure you that most suggestions you have for the site, are already implemented or on our to do list. Unfortunately its just a matter of time to improve or add new features.

In the meantime the admin team work hard checking profiles daily to identity spammers that have got through, any that are missed are usually picked up by users issuing abuse reports that also get checked daily and these profiles are removed asap from the site for the safety of all users.

Again, just want to thank you for your input, suggestions and mockups, all very helpful. We do take this seriously, and don't want spambots to overrun our site, so it is something we will continue to look at and improve.

c00kie
FF Team
1 month

Video thumbnails missing

Hiccupx:
It seems that some search criteria are being applied to the page, which is why it's showing no results under some sections. This this may be either due to page caching, cookies or a search issue.

Cache - Try clearing out your browser cache, on iPhone go to Settings -> Sarafi -> Clear History and Website Data.

Cookie - Clear your browser cookies for fantasyfeeder.com

Search - Navigate directly to the page fantasyfeeder.com/stories/weight-gain, click 'Search' and make sure all the default options are selected (in orther words, it's not searching on anything).

Letters And Numbers:
Clearing the cache worked!

However!

Now when I go into My Profile, I get this error message:

Fatal error: Access level to FantApp\Traits\ProfileCover::fantAccessOwnerExclude() must be protected (as in class Fant\Controller\Functions) or weaker in /home/v4/application/FantApp/Controller/ProfilesMember.php on line 33

Still on iOS/Safari

This was unfortunately a site wide issue but should now be fixed! Cheers!

c00kie
FF Team
1 month

New realization

All posts removed - please respond in the spirit in which the OG post is meant.
1 month

Video thumbnails missing

2seatsalways:
Problem still exists and now on PC this issue is happening. Videos will not load at all.

Video playback not working is a separate issue, and there was a problem over the weekend which has since been fixed, so you will be able to view videos now.

Thumbnails are displaying for me on both mobile and desktop and we've not had any other members get in touch about issues with video thumbnails not displaying. It's difficult to diagnose the problem when we can't replicate the issue users are experiencing, but I will highlight this with hiccupx again.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

c00kie
FF Team
1 month
12345   loading