9 month cruise gain

This does seem like an amazing fantasy, but a fantasy nonetheless. Amazing that it's even potentially a thing.

I never would have thought any cruise company could offer it. There's a reason most cruise ship vacation packages are 1-2 weeks, though there's a few that are 3 weeks.

Because okay, back to the real world. Forget that it starts off at $60K (which is for an interior stateroom that would get old fast), so it would be more like $70K+. That's actually the smallest hurdle that's the easiest to get over. It's the same reason why some individuals can buy late model luxury cars, or big mansions.

People have to go to work. Even if you're lucky enough to have 5 weeks of paid vacation time, 5 weeks is not even 2 months, much less 9.

Retirees also have time obligations as well. Do you really want to spend all the various holidays alone? And children have to go to school.

Okay, suppose you're single, you're estranged from your family so you never see them over holidays, and you have a job that's 100% remote/telecommute. Too bad Internet access at sea is generally insufficient and not good enough for that. Even if it was, there may be legal and practical barriers. Legal because you may only be able to live and work from certain areas, or may only be able to work from an alternative area for a couple months at most. Practical because time zone differences are a thing. Political because even if you can overcome the legal and the practical, imagine the intense anger and jealously of your coworkers.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble. But the average person could never hope to do this, or vast majority of the bottom 99.9%. Probably not even most of the top 0.1% as most are insanely busy, running their enterprises.

Maybe if you're a young person just out of high school who comes from a fantastically rich family and you take a "gap" year before college, a distinctly European concept. That's the only other demographic I can think of that could possibly take advantage of this.
4 months

Story behind your username?

Mine is self-explanatory. No fancy, special story behind it.

Although, I can just as easily say "Fat" in place of "Chubby."
4 months

What do you collect?

Shot glasses. How many do I actually need? Maybe 2-3 of them. How many do I have? Probably about a couple dozen or more.

They're cheap-ish (a few dollars), too. If I go to a place where I have an even somewhat positive or enjoyable experience, I'd like to get one. Just as long as it somehow represents the location somehow.

For example, here in Texas, finding one with the state flag is easy. But you aren't going to find one that has the St. Louis arch on it for sale, anywhere nearby.

It's a memento/souvenir collection, but most importantly, it doesn't take up or waste a lot of space.
5 months

New year's resolutions

So, it's that time again. I know a lot of folks don't bother with these. I think they can be fun, but you shouldn't beat yourself up over it if you miss some.

I think it's a great time to think about what you might like to try to achieve in the upcoming year, and maybe set goals that seem reasonable, not extremely ambitious and unlikely.

So, what New Year's resolutions do you have?
5 months

Hypnose/ hypnotize

Just gonna say... so-called hypnosis videos or audio don't work, unless you really do want it.

So if it's about a topic you're meh about, not effective. But if it's something you really do want, but maybe just need an extra push to get you there, the words are soothing and will probably help you go for it.
5 months

Did any of your school's girls became heavy office workers?

This sounds like something out of an implausible weight gain fiction story - not gonna lie.

Although, I did hear about a young, and already very heavy young lady who, thanks to the the bagels and doughnuts her job offered, that she gained from 220 to around 290 lbs in her first year.

COVID shut off access to the daily access to baked goods, but she's apparently very fond of baking yummy goods and thus, didn't lose any weight.
5 months

What is something that you’ve done to accommodate your growing lifestyle?

Gonna answer this from the perspective of anyone, as I would guess the OP probably figured out some of these already. Here are some, in no particular order:

Clothes

Get into the habit of checking out clothing sales.

Have some clothes the next size up, just in case. I once heard of someone who used Postmates to to buy and get delivered a single pair of underwear, and probably paid $50 for it. Don't be her.

This will probably be the one of the bigger ongoing expenses.

Skip thrift store clothing. Even if something there is your size or the next size up, everything they have is tacky as hell. There's always a reason those items are lightly used even years later. Someone got rid of it, probably because it looks awful, they almost never use it, and it was just taking up space.

If you start out small, as in below XL, or below waist-size 38" for men, and probably I don't know, maybe around size 12 or 14 for ladies, the usable weight range of each size is pretty small, so you'd have to get a lot of new clothes.

At a certain point though, you'll need all that much more weight for each extra inch of size, so you won't be going through clothes at much.

Perhaps obviously for belts, you will want to pick out belts where it kind of barely fits while on the smallest or second smallest hole, since that will give you some additional length.

Shoes

Good news is, I doubt shoe size will change much, but it's something that may occur eventually. But odds are, you do get new shoes from time to time anyway.

Consider phasing out shoelaces in favor of slip-on and side-zipper shoes. It's annoying to tie shoes when you gut gets in the way, as well as tying it again as it comes loose over the day. Shoelaces are better if you go running, but let's be real, you're probably never going to run again. There are many stylish options that don't have shoelaces.

Furniture

You probably won't break furniture anytime soon, but if you have any weaker furniture out there, such as those plastic chairs you sometimes see, you probably know it. Plan to replace them, eventually.

You may need a new desk chair eventually. Look for a model without arm rests, or one where you can remove the arm rests.

Small Diet Changes

I won't ask you to regularly eat food you don't like, even if it's higher calorie. For example, some folks just don't like cream and sugar in coffee. But at the same time, try these small variations and see, because you might like it!

Some sandwich recipes work with mayo - if so, maybe try it it with a little more mayo. It's really calorie dense, and may not affect the taste much.

You don't have to give up salad either, and it may be yummy, particularly if you add chicken, bacon bits, and/or creamy Caesar dressing (which is also calorie dense).

Extra cheese on a sandwich too, possibly.

Keep snacks near your desk at home and at work. That will help for those times when you feel like you could eat something, or you're craving something, but maybe aren't in the mood for elaborate cooking. And you will get those cravings more often.

Volume discounts are king, particularly if it's something that either doesn't spoil quickly if at all, or it's something you use a lot of. A 2 lb bag of M&Ms is cheaper per ounce than any smaller package.

Don't skip vitamins, even if it's in the form of multivitamin pills or within nutritional shakes (like Ensure Plus/Equate Plus). You'll feel worse if you skip them, and that's if you don't develop problems.

Try to avoid drinking too much liquid at first when it's a meal time, maybe just enough so your mouth doesn't feel dry, because you may find yourself able to eat more. Afterward, you might be surprised at how much liquid you can still drink.

Don't try to eat a significantly larger amount of food than you've done before. For example, if you struggle to eat 3 pieces of pizza, trying to eat all 8 will not work. Then, you'll probably get disappointed when you can't finish it all, or you get sick and even throw up. That's very bad.

Instead, try to eat a little more than you ate before. It'll get easier over time, and not as much time as you might think, and then you'll be able to eat slightly more after. I remember a time when 3 slices was a challenge, but now, 4 slices is quite easy, and I had 5 in a single sitting, the other day. Small steps.

Other Small Aids/Changes

Bending over to pick up something from the ground will get more difficult and annoying, and you will not like doing it, the heavier you get. You want to avoid dropping items on the ground, but it happens sometimes.

- Get a dustpan with a long vertical handle, so you don't have to bend over when you sweep the floor with a broom.

- Consider an extended grabber, the way some groundskeepers have to pick up bits of trash.

End

Anyway, just what I could think of, off the top of my head right now.
5 months

Online feedee scammers?

Slip130:
I was foolish and didn't get actual time stamped verification or ID from them before I sent this person 80 dollars through cashapp so I fell for it hook line and sinker. It makes it worse since I'm in school living on my own and money can be tight at times.

Don't send money to people you have never met in person.

Don't pay for dates beyond your own personal consumption.

Don't offer to buy gas or bus fare.

Don't offer any form of financial help for whatever crisis that person claims to have.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but if I haven't.. don't send money to people you have never met in person.
6 months

Christmas gains before and after!

Ferro1987:
I don’t have a way to weigh myself but yesterday my gut measured 49.5 inches on empty.

Amazon 3rd party sellers, or even Amazon themselves sell inexpensive digital bathroom scales.

When my old one of 16 years finally gave up, the replacement was something like $16-17 after tax. Takes two AAA batteries, too.
6 months
34567   loading