Intentional gaining philosophies

I'm usually a number 2, though right now I'm slightly struggling to build up the gaining momentum because I want to gain 15 lbs for my next goal. But I have a feeling I don't want to stop there. When I think about weighing 200 the more appealing it seems. Of course, imagining something and doing something are very different things so yeah, I always reevaluate.

But sometimes a "2.5," that point where I feel like I've really got that gaining momentum going. When it seems like I can eat so much, a good 4,000 calories in a day or more. There's definitely a sense of satisfaction whenever I do, and it feels good. Bonus points if it's 4,000 calories before the cream or other dairy.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever end up a 3, or if I'll stop at 220. Guess I'll find out eventually. All I know is that I'd like to get much larger, at least 200. Although 222-225 also sounds appealing, since that's a round 100 kg.

All I know right now is that I have some shirts that are still a bit too big.
4 years

Is 50lbs in a year a realistic goal?

It may be doable, but would likely require determination. I've heard of gaining all that, and more in a single year.

Supposedly at some point you'd transition from being a pusher (determined to overeat) to a letting-goer (eat so much you have to try to hold back.. or you don't so you gain more), but I really couldn't say when that happens.

On the other hand, you did claim to gain 8 lbs over the holidays. If that was almost without even trying, you should have an easier time.

60 lbs in a year (which is more than 50) is 5 lbs in a month, a little more than 1 lb a week.

1 lb a week is 52 lbs in a year.

2 lbs or even more in a week should be more than possible, but you probably can't sustain more than 1-2 lbs in a week consistently.

Some folks have reported gaining 1-2 lbs a day on cruises or other all-inclusive vacations, but in those, everything is provided for and you don't have to worry about things like going to work or even cleaning up behind yourself. This helps facilitate eating vastly more than is otherwise typically possible, so it's unreasonable to expect those kinds of results consistently.

You almost certainly would need larger clothes, which could potentially be a costly endeavor. Suits in particular aren't the cheapest, at least barely decent ones (wool suits from JCPenney). I don't know what job you have so I have to point that out. 2 suits is easier to deal with vs. an entire closet full of them, which some jobs need.

You could save some money buy getting clothes the next size up. The larger you get, the more flexible the sizes are, as something that's 1 size too small may squeeze rather than be impossible to get on.

I couldn't really say what impact it could have physically. It depends on how much time you spend at the gym and/or how active your job is. If you have an active job, I expect the impact to be minimal, since you'd just get used to it. Taking up more space may be a concern but you'd probably adjust.

On the other hand, if you have a desk job and can't remember the last time you were in a gym, and you keep that same level of inactivity, you may find things like stairs a bigger challenge with significant gain.

Most of the problems associated with obesity seem to tied into limited activity more than anything else, as far as I can tell. I'm not counting various food intolerant problems some folks may have.

Regardless, gaining X lbs is not the same as carrying a backpack or whatever that also weighs X lbs, because to some degree you'll adjust.

Other than possibly financial, especially because of clothes (I don't know what that's like for you), the biggest roadblock would likely be psychological. It's one thing to dream and imagine doing something, and quite another to actually do it. At least a couple times you might think "What have I done to myself?" so you end up pausing a bit. So don't be surprised if this happened at least a couple times.
4 years

When did u first realise u were getting fat?

Each time the scale moved a significant amount, I use the tape measure. By significant, I mean a weight difference that can't be explained by undigested food.

I measure various parts of my body and record them in a spreadsheet. Over time I've noticed how I've been slowly thickening up as, for example, how my butt, bicep, and thighs are more inches around.

I'm not sure which kind of regression analysis would be most effective to guessimate for example, how big my ass would be at 200 lbs, or how much weight I'd have to gain if I want my thighs to be at least a certain number of inches around.
4 years

Sneaky ways to fatten someone up

allgrownup:
According to research fat is the least filling nutrient but delivers the most calories. In other words; you deliver more calories to the subject but the subject will not feel more full.

I wonder where you read that?

If I drink cream it seems quite filling.

But perhaps it gets easier as someone works up to a much richer, even more calorie-laden diet.
4 years

Most weight gained in a short amount of time.

ssaylleb:
A female colleague once gained 7kgs (that's 15.4lbs) on a 7-day cruise.

Really?

Man, I should try to go on a cruise at some point. Ideally a 10 day or 2 week one if I could swing that. Also pack some clothes a size up too, just in case.
4 years

Is it easier to gain weight as you become fatter

I'm inclined to think it is easier for awhile, as long as you can maintain the additional eating. Aside from anything related to food, the biggest, most annoying expense everyone will deal with is clothing.

When I started, the first 10 lbs were hard. The next 10 lbs seemed a little easier, and the next 10 were easier still. However, I seem to have hit a plateau which I hope to break out of. I suspect this latest plateau might be more psychological, though. After another 10-15 lbs, I will be officially overweight according to BMI. Most Americans are indeed overweight, but still.. it's something, to realize that I will be too.

I wonder if there will be a similar psychological barrier if and when I'm about to cross the threshold of being obese, according to BMI. Although if you look around, a BMI of 30 still isn't really that big.

I think it's because of my body and digestive tract getting used to more food, and fattier food.

At a certain point you will probably be unable to consume enough calories to keep gaining, though. Or other practical problems will develop. But you would have to be at a very substantial size for that to be a problem.

Most folks will never get that big.
4 years

Fat and heathly?

Zelda64:
Is it possible to be fat and healthy. Is it possible to me medically obese, meaning being based off of the bmi system, and healthy.

The other responses are good.

BMI is simply a function based on weight vs. height. It says nothing about what the weight consists of.

Not saying you should slave away at the gym, but bodybuilders are often "overweight" or even "obese" based on weight.

Also, a lot of football players, volleyball players, softball players, etc. are heavy. In high school, I was often mesmerized by how thick the volleyball players were, although looking back many were a bit thinner than I would have really preferred.

I think the worse thing is if you aren't at least somewhat active. Not saying you should be able to run a marathon, but.. you should be able to drive a car for 10-12+ hours on one day, be able to walk across a supermarket or shopping mall, and be able to hang out at a park. A 5 block walk shouldn't scare you. I also expect you to be able to carry a 40 lb box up 3 flights of stairs.
4 years

For those who want to do the next step - heavy cream challenge

Jacki3339:
Boost plus? What's that?

It's one of those calorie dense "meal replacement" shakes, the way Slimfast is.

That's what they're often called, but this is a misnomer because one of those, which are usually only 8 fl. oz. don't substitute for an actual meal.

They usually have a bunch of extra vitamins in them, which are helpful. The higher calorie varieties have more calories than half and half, and are basically taste like milkshakes except much more liquid.

They're kind of spendy though, even Wal-Mart's Equate store brand at over $1 a serving (Equate Plus) so I don't normally recommend them.
4 years

New years resolutions?

I already made a somewhat long post about this, so I'll just link to it. But to summarize, I'd like to reach 170 and then 200.

I hope I'll be chunky enough to feel more confident about wearing shorts after my limbs thicken up a bit more.

fantasyfeeder.com/forum/posts
4 years

New years resolutions?

newfoundfatt:
What’s every bodies New Years resolutions??
Mine is to reach 220 pounds in 2020. I’m currently 165 pounds. Not sure if that’s super ambitious or not? Anyways typically I gain weight pretty easily so I think I can do it.

That's 55 pounds, which is a full third of your current weight.

It's ambitious, though not unheard of. You're also a few inches taller than the average man, which will help.

You hear about insane cases of some who could double their weight in a year, or more but those are unreasonable goals. That's not really possible unless you can literally sit down and overeat all day, every day and have a practically unlimited source of funds for not just food, but clothes too. I'm assuming that you, like most of us are functional members of society that have to go to work. Hopefully it's a job where you can snack, but some jobs aren't like that.
4 years