Beer fans!!

I prefer straight Patron Silver Tequila or Vodka over beer but I have to say that this past week I sampled a really great beer for the first time while on a business trip. I had Negra Modelo a Mexican beer. I really like it! Also at the beginning of the year I took a trip to Bogota, Columbia and I had a really great Columbian beer. I just can't remember the name. I like the full bodied beers like Heineken, Samuel Adams, Dos XX's, Killian's Red to name a few
15 years

Favourite old films

RubyRipples wrote
My favourite old movie is definitely "The African Queen". I could watch it every day and never get bored of it.

I also like lots of the older Alfred Hitchcock movies.

(I did have a giggle at 70's, 80's and 90's movies being "old"smiley smiley

Wow, I laughed too! 70's, 80's and 90's movies being old!?!?! Damn!
I have to say "The African Queen" and "Casablanca" are among two of my favorite movies. There are several other old movies I really like as well:
"Gone With The Wind" (1939) starring Vivian Lee
"Wizard of Oz" (1939) starring Judy Garland
"It's a Wonderful Life" (1946) James Stewart and Donna Reed
"The Ten Commandments" (1956) Charlton Heston
"Cleopatra" (1963) Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton - I though She looked so Hot in that movie!
"The Agony And The Ecstasy" (1965) Charlton Heston and Rex Harrison
"Ben-Hur" (1959) Charlton Heston
"The Sand Pebbles" (1966) Steve McQueen & Candice Bergen
"In Harms Way" (1965) John Wayne
"They Were Expendable" (1945) John Wayne
"The Seven Year Itch" (1955) Marilyn Monroe with the famous skirt flying in the air scene!! smiley
"The War of The Worlds" (1953)
"The Day The Earth Stood Still" (1951)
Now those are old movies! smiley
15 years

Passengers requiring extra space ~

Christo73 mentioned that the airlines are solely interested in making money. Isn't that the main purpose of a business entity? Airlines are there to make a profit while offering consumers transportation in exchange for their money. They also have to keep their clients happy if they want repeat business and majority rules. I started this tread because I was curious to see what members thoughts are regarding this policy. I travel constantly and I have seen and or experienced it all; sitting next to someone who stinks, or someone who won't sit still, rude people, nice people, very large people who encroach on my space and worst of all little kids. Don't get me wrong, I love little kids but some drive me nuts on long flights. Airlines have to cover expenses and I understand that but from the way I read the new rules, the airline flight crew makes the determination during the boarding process and informs the passenger in question that they will have to buy extra air fare. At least that's my interpretation of the rule since there isn't an actual published size & weight chart to act as a guide line. That is what I'm focusing on, and I'm thinking to be singled out must be a little embarrassing. To hold up the departure of a flight to count the number of seat belt extenders required, space occupy and if there are any extra seats available on the plane seems unjust. If they feel they need to do this why not have a size & weight chart to determine travel accommodations and air fare ahead of time? I have traveled in first class many times and those seats are much roomier, at least for me, but pricier. I like the idea of charging for total boarding weight including baggage.
15 years

Passengers requiring extra space ~

Has anyone heard of this new United Airlines policy which basically means you will be charge double for being a large passenger? I was in the airport today to fly back home from a business trip and I overheard two other passengers talking about this new policy effective April 15. www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52985,00.html I don't fly United but I just wanted to know your thoughts. I am not bashing United, I have flown United many times and I like them. But I mean, as an engineer, I do know that the heavier the plane, the more fuel it will consume but is this fair? I mean, how humiliating to board a plane and after you settle into your seat you are told; excuse me but.... What do you all think about this?
15 years
56789   loading