Bullies...

My boyfriend and I moved in together a few months ago, but have been dating for about a year and a half. We are very happy, and he is the most wonderful person in my life. He's also been heavy for most of his life, and I've sort of encouraged it along, and he's put on about thirty some pounds since I moved in. He's content, and I'm thrilled. He's about 375, a weight we both enjoy.
We recently went to the beach, last weekend, and I really had a time with something. We stopped for lunch and ate outside, and we were having a wonderful time, until I overheard someone talking. They weren't talking about him (we know better than to listen) but they were talking about me. They said they felt sorry for me, and I didn't quite understand. And, being the woman I am, I confronted them. They were embarrassed, and apologized. I respected that. But I asked them to try and explain why they said what they said, and they wouldn't. Are these people ignorant of happiness, of love, or just full of hate?
I haven't been able to shake it. I can't understand why people are so afraid of something so wonderful and real, that they'll try to destroy it.
And I really wanted to see what you all thought. Have you stood up to any kind of hate? Any advice on how to handle future moments?
9 years

Would you be master or slave

I've always taken extreme pleasure out of being a slave. It makes a girl feel good to follow her instructions and treat a man right.
10 years