Minecraft server

You would need to put whatever you want into the server name (it's unimportant to actually connecting, just for your own benefit), and duh102.org:25509 into the address.
9 years

Minecraft server

I made some offline renders of the map, an isometric one of the main settlement and an overhead of everything. Very nice looking buildings around!

Isometric
Overhead (warning: large)
9 years

Minecraft server

I don't have any plans of shutting it down, so it should, assuming your parts come in the next few months.
9 years

Minecraft server

The largest amount of people seem to get on around ~8pm-10pm EST, which is around 1am-3am GMT, but I might be mistaken.

Also, if you find yourself unable to use lava buckets, you probably haven't been promoted to member. Scream at me loudly ingame to promote you, when I'm next looking at the chat I should see it.
9 years

Minecraft server

Hello! As I laid out in the other topic I've set up a Minecraft server for everyone on FF to enjoy.

As of writing, the server is 1.8.1 vanilla with a few server plugins to make administration easier for me and add some nice perks for you.
You can join the server at duh102.org:25509

Feel free to report any problems to me either through Minecraft (I'll frequently be monitoring the chat) or by joining the irc channel I set up at duh102.org/6667 #ffserv, I'll be Duh102 there.

Hope to see you there!
9 years

Minecraft server?

Seems like it's working pretty well so I'll make a new, more informative topic.
9 years

Minecraft server?

I've put in an IRC bridge plugin so I should be easier to get in touch with. If I don't respond immediately to some chat, don't worry, I have the channel logged so I can get to it when I see it.
9 years

Minecraft server?

Yeah, I missed that problem, fixed it by removing the door. Seems spawn protection also applies to using redstone. There were methods of fixing it to make the redstone usable but they seemed more complicated than just removing the door and not worrying about it.
9 years

Minecraft server?

Alright, well I've set it up using Spigot (and Essentials plugin for, well, the essentials), but I'll say it's in a temporary state until I get it all set up.

If you wish to help set it up (or just accept playing on a potentially misconfigured server), join it at duh102.org:25509 and report any problems to me either through pm (questionable how well that'll work) or by joining the irc channel I set up at duh102.org/6667 #ffserv, I'll be Duh102 there.
I'll also be in and out of the server to check in on it, but it's uncertain I'll ever be on at the same time any of you all will be.

As of right now, I *believe* the important and useful things have all been set up, but permissions nodes always give me trouble (especially setting default groups) since I so rarely do them (usually set and forget). If it all works, I'll make another topic with all the important details and we'll have a server.
9 years

Minecraft server?

Basically the title: would people be interested in a Minecraft server?
I'm well acquainted with hosting them and have done so for many years. My hardware isn't an amazing dual-xeon 64GB RAM machine, but it's held up very well over the past year hosting several personal Minecraft servers, I'm pretty confident it will not be a problem.

Main considerations in your answer are as follows:
1. I won't be able to monitor it very closely, I have many irons in the fire (school most notably), so anarchy will reign unless someone(s) steps up to moderate it. This can be mitigated a lot with a whitelist but that adds a step to those wishing to join up that might prove troublesome.

2. Vanilla or modded, the question is up to you. The only stipulation for modded servers I require is that it has to be an established pack somewhere out there with a downloader, like FTB or Technic. Setting up an auto-updater is beyond me (at least at present) and I doubt most people would care to perform installation steps themselves.

I'm not going to ask for money, giving back to the community is payment enough. Besides, currently I get my internet service and power for free, not many expenses smiley
9 years
1234   loading