A wild hater appeared!!

She's a professional s***-stirrer and all-round unpleasant person.
9 years

London pub meet - fri 30th jan

romaromani wrote:
Pub meet sounds like such a good idea! It's going to be so much easier to have a proper conversation in a low-key environment!
I'll definitely be there!

Seconded, here's to actually hearing what people are saying!

I'm certainly hoping to come, I know you say you haven't confirmed a where yet, do you have any idea when you'll be meeting up, Softgirl?
9 years

Game | find the lie :)

...3?

(However, if it turns out that you don't play the theremin, start, because that would be cool)

I'll give this a go:

1) I have played Double Bass at the Royal Albert Hall.
2) I own a Ring Modulator, for making my own Dalek voices.
3) My opinion on current affairs has been broadcast on radio.
9 years

Four temperaments quiz/test

Melancholic, which I was kind of expecting.
9 years

I'm a feminist

It's funny how many people turn out to have been playing devil's advocate...
9 years

"coming out" for liking fat

flyinghorse wrote:
The thing that always bothered me was when you date a fat woman and people ask why are you with them.

A lot of people just don't understand it. When I tell people I'd rather read a good book then go to bed with Kate Moss they don't believe me. If it was Rebel Wilson, well that would be another story.

As for the coming out, I never did overtly do it. I just casually mentioned I liked bigger women here and there, and then over the years they have seen women I've dated, so I'm sure everyone knows.

I don't even think you have to tell people. You don't get women telling you they have a foot fetish or love rough sex, its something people don't really mention.

Yeah, I've never done the big 'coming out' thing either. On the one hand I'm a private enough person that I think 'is it anyone's business who I do & don't find attractive?' It would seem a bit of a non-starter as an opening line addressed to most people.

And on the other it's rarely been relevant to any conversation I've been in. Though there was one where a friend of mine was angling to set me up on a date with a friend of his who I remembered being very skinny, so I politely declined and explained. He was a bit bemused, and has since started asking my opinion on the attractiveness of any fat woman he sees me with and whether there's 'anything going on' but other than that it's had no effect, negative or otherwise.
9 years

Favorite things that fas do?

We can all be sad and single togethersmiley*

*And by 'together' I of course mean miles & miles apart, but on the same thread smileysmiley
9 years

I'm a feminist

Murphy wrote:
flyinghorse wrote:
To say a man cannot be a feminist is like saying the only people who can cure cancer are those who have cancer.

For me, we can all support equality. I don't care if your male, female or you choose not to have a gender, the choice is yours and your support is welcome.

People have also asked me why i'm a feminist? I always answer; I was raised by a single mother, the question ought to be how could I be anything but a feminist?

While I agree with you for the most part, I do also feel that it's not a man's place to interject himself into spaces where women are (and should be) the main focus and in control. So I defer to the women in feminist spaces on whether or not I should call myself a feminist, or a feminist ally, or something else; it is antithetical if I identify myself in a way that makes women uncomfortable.

I will, in general, call myself a feminist, because that's a quick and easy identifier of my basic beliefs here, but if asked to do otherwise by feminist women, I'm more than happy to change that label in their spaces.

Agreed.
9 years

I'm a feminist

Out of interest, what are your opinions when it comes to men identifying as feminists (not just as sympathisers/allies etc)? I remember being involved in a conversation with a few feminist and otherwise sympathetic friends on facebook and the conclusion seemed to be that it could be a bit problematic. As a man, calling myself a feminist is a bit like calling myself a great lover or talented composer: it's not for me to say, it's for others to decide or recognise. As it is, I am very sympathetic to feminism and my opinion of people generally increases when they express feminist sentiment.
9 years

Currently listening to

'Then The Quiet Explosion', from 'Oblivion Hymns' by Hammock
9 years
12345   loading