Anybody just want to talk?

I am looking for a female friend just to talk and get to know each other. No pressure. Anybody interested in just old fashioned friendship?
1 year

Atheist/ agnostics/ anti- theism

Whoa,whoa, whoa! Apron, chill! I didn’t say atheists were ridiculous. And I was not attacking you in any way. I said I thought atheism was as illogical as theism. I wasn’t trying to debate the issue either, just stating my position, which is that anyone who claims certainty, on either side, needs to think harder. Whew! I’m guessing you are prickly about this because you have been bashed for stating your opinion before. I ain’t one a dem people, promise!
6 years

Atheist/ agnostics/ anti- theism

I am an agnostic, even though I am raising my children as Catholics. I like the current Pope’s inclusive views on homosexuality (“God created them, they are therefore our brothers and sisters” - I paraphrase , of course), acceptance of birth control, etc. But I don’t personally know whether God exists or not. I consider atheism to be almost as illogical as theism. I mean, it is impossible to prove a negative, right?
6 years

Need some advice

I agree with almost everything you said Saphiel. I also agree that things look very good for the OP. Especially because she obviously loves him and wants to make him happy as well, she decided to compromise on his behalf.... which was my point. I love happy endings! Congrats, Ace. Now you get the fun part of watching her put on weight, on purpose even. Yay!
10 years

Need some advice

This will probably make me very unpopular, but I just had to say it. Read through the above posts and tell me if I missed anything, but it seems to me that everyone is telling the OP how to make his wife happy. What about the OP? Why is this happiness thing so one sided? Why should he make all the effort and be the one to try to change his expectations, change his ideas about what he likes, freaking hypnotize himself into thinking his wife is still sexy, change himself, change himself, change himself. Do we see a pattern here? He deserves some consideration as well. His wife made a one sided decision that affected their relationship. There are consequences to every decision we make. She should also be thinking about what makes HIM happy. If she can't do that, then she needs to tell him that she is too wrapped up in her own needs and desires to give him what he wants. Then they will both have some big decisions to make.
10 years

Was anyone ever conflicted?

I am 54 years old. I have preferred round, soft women my whole life, but never acted on it because I thought people would think I was weird. Oh, I dated them, but never acknowledged to them that I was attracted to them because they were so plush and soft. I would like to tell the OP that he will seriously, seriously regret not finding the perfect girl for himself if he lets his fear of societal judgement get in his way. I am married to a smoking hot chubbette, but she hates herself for being bigger, and hates that I find her so sexually attractive because she is plump and cuddly. She is all about striving for that starved, bony look advocated by current fashion. She despises my preference for plump women, and tells me I'm not "normal". Consequently, intimacy is just not happening and hasn't for quite some time. FIND A WOMAN WHO LIKES WHO SHE IS. The alternative, I tell you from very bitter experience, is pure, lonely hell.
10 years