Psych meds

StoryEnjoyer:
I am overwhelmingly curious, is the weight gain caused by these meds more related to appetite increases? The way people are talking about them here you would think the medication makes you fatter on its own.

There is for sure some metabolic fuckery going on. I have abnormal body chemistry but I was on zyprexa (olanzapine) for a while and gained like 20 pounds in 2 months with little to no actual change in amount I ate. Given I’m on half a dozen other meds but it in particular messed with my body a bit.
4 months

Gaining is so hot 🥵

I’m not into gaining myself but Zyprexa made me gain like 20 fucking pounds in the 2 months I was on it. I could imagine that being a ton of fun for some.
5 months

Is it weird that as a cis guy i want a feminine figure?

Nyarlep:
It’s worth considering that you needn’t try and fit yourself neatly in a box. Gender identity and being cis or not isn’t a simple yes or no. Also forgive me for reading into it too far if I am but the sentiment feels quite familiar; if your wondering if you could be trans or something of the like but don’t experience dysphoria or discomfort, not every trans person does.

Alternatively speaking, fuck gender norms, do what makes you happy.

Munchies:
Being trans is more than just swapping to the other side. You have genderfluid, demi-gender, bi-gender, and non-binary people. And from there you have scores of different flavors of gender expression.

That is a very important point that I did not express.
5 months

Is it weird that as a cis guy i want a feminine figure?

It’s worth considering that you needn’t try and fit yourself neatly in a box. Gender identity and being cis or not isn’t a simple yes or no. Also forgive me for reading into it too far if I am but the sentiment feels quite familiar; if your wondering if you could be trans or something of the like but don’t experience dysphoria or discomfort, not every trans person does.

Alternatively speaking, fuck gender norms, do what makes you happy.
5 months

Story sorting.

3 things in regards to how stories search.
-you can't input a page amount manually. Like typing in page 112, you have to instead manually tab page by page or type into the url but that's janky as all hell. Could do with a text box to type in the desired page
-search by length or word count. I really enjoy the long slow burn stories so sorting by chapters or word count would be a useful tool, presumably a not uncommon desire.
-a random option? Sort of in line with the search by page option, a lot of the older or just old but not back page level stories are both difficult to access and don't get a lot of love. That aside being able to just dice roll the huge story catalogue, a surprise me option persay would be a nice and presumably not difficult to add option as I would think the other two are.
6 months

Fattening boyfriend

First off munchies is fucking hilarious (and correct) but I was interested in the small note about sf sodas softening up the aforementioned boyfriend. There are a million studies on it without a clear consensus but quite a few (especially the non industry funded tests) point towards stuff like aspartame actually causing weight gain specifically. Some of the tests on rats that it caused wg on seemed fairly conclusive. Here is the article I referenced to refresh my memory usrtk.org/sweeteners/aspartame-weight-gain/,People%20who%20regularly%20consume%20artificial%20sweeteners%20are%20at%20increased%20risk,in%20Trends%20in%20Endocrinology%20%26%20Metabolism.

That aside I've personally found sparkling water to be a good way to sate soda cravings.
6 months

How does the community cultivate more respect for real dating?

Kind of what foreverffa said, it isn't nessasairly bad to check if your sexually compatible first and learn more personality stuff afterwards. Especially so when many who come here have very particular dos and do nots in relationships.
Like if you pair a hardcore feeder with someone who has no intention of gaining, your just as borked as two socially incompatable people.
Food for thought mayhaps.
6 months

Medical concerns

SSBBW Summer:
I highly recommend vitamins from Holland & Barrett. There's lots of vitamins for the heart, lungs, whole immune system. Vitamin B, D & C are important too. You could also just get multivitamins which means just one pill a day. Being 500 pounds & into gaining I swear by vitamins. I feel like they keep my organs going.

This
Vitamins can be incredibly useful. Many of the more competent doctors and pharmacists I've worked with strongly encourage taking vitamins particuarly after doing testing on a person to person basis and stuff like coq10 is a common supplement suggestion for heart health both on its own and to compensate for nutrient depletion from prescribed meds.
There is also stuff like magnesium that's incredibly important for bodily function but almost totally absent from most food in developed countries due to farming methods.
6 months

Seatbelt extenders

HappyBigBelly:
Are these available in the states,
I wonder? I remarked to my wife just the other day about seat belts not really being designed for women at all, and definitely not for large women. My wife’s hips and butt spill over onto the seat belt buckle and it’s sometimes a challenge to find it in the first attempt.
yeah my fiancé always brings one for herself so she doesn’t have to ask the staff when on a plane flying from cali.
6 months

Any experience with wooplus?

Back when I used it a couple years ago I saw a good amount of overlap with folks from our niche sites and here (la is dense as fuck) but yeah moderate spam and I didn’t actually see a lot of plus sized people strangely enough.
Given me and my about to be newly wed wife met on the hellhole that is and was feabie so anything is possible, just always maintain a degree of skepticism no matter where you look.
6 months
12345   loading