Men abaondon fat date (dm)

I am quite please to see the replys under the Daily Mail article are now mostly getting the points;
1. The woman lied.
2. A slim dating ad photo will attract men who like slim women.
3. A fat dating ad photo will attract men who like fat women.
4. It has nothing to do with which is more popular, fat or slim women.
9 years

...It's still being dishonest! I'd be very put off of someone turned up to a date looking completely different to their photos.

So what of a dating agency that do those sort of experiments?

And of the media who publish the results for the purpose of making men look bad and fat women feel bad?

I feel it's not just the people who dressed up who are in the wrong. It's a larger mess than that.

They can't just come out and say that fat women are unattractive, they use this as a 'contraption' to let someone else 'prove' they are unattractive.
9 years

Miss Thunder wrote:
The fat suit they put her in is ridiculous! It's obviously fake, the chins don't even move. I'd run away too!

What do you think of doing the experiment the other way round. Put up a profile with the woman's pictures morphed fat then turn up to the date all slender?
9 years

Wannabe Princess wrote:
If someone I arranged to meet on a date didn't look like their photos I wouldn't be impressed either!

Thank you :-)

What I am also noticing here is the agenda of the Tinder dating agency. They are re-enforcing the message that it's bad to be fat.

If you look at the comments below the story in the DM you will see that people are quick to deduce that most men hate fat women.

My question now is why are they doing this?
9 years

The Daily Mail has a news story about men abandoning their date when she turned out to be fat.

The women posted slim pictures of themselves in the dating ad. When the men came to meet them the women would be in a fat suit and made up to look fat;
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2769315/From-escaping-bathroom-asking-pregnant-The-shocking-reactions-men-abandoned-Tinder-date-overweight.html

The thrust of this is two fold, men are shallow and most men don't like fat women.

The experiment is unscientific and contains a logical fallacy.

Clearly they are not dealing with a cross section of men. They are dealing with men who prefer slender women because the men chose to meet a slender women. Obviously the men would be disappointed that their date was fat. Rather than this being that men are shallow, it shows that men are honest.

The other thing they should have done was have the woman post the fat picture of themselves and then watch the reaction when their date met the slender version. Some men may have been pleased to see she was not fat but I suspect that the men who selected a fat date were wanting a fat date.

What do you think?

The reverse, male version can be found here:
Fat Guy Tinder Date (Social Experiment)
9 years
3132333435   loading