Social stigma and friends

AskDrFeeder:
I'm not saying you should dump all your thin friends, just the fat-shaming ones.

Munchies:
Then just?? Say that???

Okay, I just did!

Also, fat shaming knows no size. There are fat people with internalized fat phobia that will turn around at fat shame you. And half the time, they are bigger than you've ever been.

Once more, a real friend - big or small - will not disrespect you.

Quite true. Someone's size is not the only determination of who would make a good friend. I just think if you're fat or gaining there are some natural advantages in having fat friends. They're easier to keep up with on hikes. They're more prone to eat the same kinds of things and the same quantities, making them more fun to hang out with.

But again, it's not the only factor. A thin person with feeder tendencies could be an incredible friend.
3 months

I'm not saying you should dump all your thin friends, just the fat-shaming ones.
3 months

Miachu:
But as I've gotten fat, My friends have honestly not really cared much about my weight gain. Probably because I'm not the only one in my friend group who's put on weight lmao

Ha! Well, I guess your friends' getting fat has the same effect as getting fatter friends, so I'll take this as confirmation. smiley
3 months

One of the downsides of getting fat is the social stigma.

I've always thought the best way to deal with that is to make fat friends, and possibly to dump thin friends.

Has anyone done this?

Has it helped?

Is it easier to make fat friends than thin ones?
3 months

Starting

Take it slow, learn to pace yourself, and eat a variety of things, not just ice cream and sweets. It's fine to eat junk food, but eat healthy stuff as well. You might try eating healthy in the beginning of the day and switching to fattening goodies after you satisfy your nutritional requirements. Or eat healthy meals, but double down on snacks and dessert.

After awhile you'll get used to eating like that and will be able to eat more and enjoy it.
3 months

Advice for accepting fetish?

Make friends with fat people. This will normalize fatness in your mind and make it easier to deal with.

You shouldn't dump your thinner friends, but a little distance might be good, especially if they are judgmental fitness freaks or diet Nazis.
4 months

Easier to be a feedee these days?

MitchHedberg:
I haven't noticed this at all, just look at the WeightGainTalk subreddit and you'll find tons of people apprehensive about judgement.

Weight based discrimination has actually increased over the last few years, despite everyone being fatter on average.

According to this it could be linked to a resurgence in right-wing values but I'm not making that claim myself: bristol.ac.uk/neuroscience/news/2023/obesity-stigma.html

I think the article is probably right, that anti-fat discrimination is correlated with right-wing views. But it doesn't present any evidence that it's on the increase.

That has nothing to do with my conjecture anyway. Feedees could less conflicted than they used to be even if there was a rise in discrimination.
4 months

Unrelated but why does your account say you’re 12 years old???

AskDrFeeder:
Anonymity concerns.

FAMGM:
You’d purport to be a minor for the sake of anonimity? Why not make your age 20, and put in your profile that it is not your actual age?

If you have questions about me, please message me or start another thread. I'd rather this thread not be diverted.
4 months

Unrelated but why does your account say you’re 12 years old???

Anonymity concerns.
4 months
23456   loading