Most controversial food opinions

Cold pizza is gross. Pizza for breakfast is gross.

Fries dipped in milkshake is also gross. Salt and vinegar potato chips are gross as well.

Most fruit is gross now because they don't let it ripen long enough. If I wanted it to be that sour, I would have bought lemons instead of blueberries.

Eating peanut butter straight out of the jar is pretty good though.
2 months

Ligr77:
I don't think I believe in the concept of certain foods being "sexier" than others. To me, the sexiest food is the food with the best taste.

Also, who decided that sushi is sexy?

I think it's meant to be sexy for the person watching you eat. I've noticed this is a thing even outside of feedist spaces, like bananas, strawberries and lollipops seem to be sexy foods to normies. Feedists just have more of them.
2 months

How do you guys improve your social skills?

Malvineous:
Thanks, guys. I just hope it will help OP, and anyone else who's struggling.

Angiefoodcake:
Hi Malvineous! I appreciated your detailed advice and others' too. I was a little social the past few days. Speaking sentences instead of a few words. It's going to be hard but I rather screw up than be stuck depressed/lonely. Sometimes we gotta get out of our comfort zone.

Nice, that's good to hear. It can be really hard being that vulnerable, but the end result is so, so worth it. Just keep making those baby steps and you'll get there in time.
2 months

Ok, here's my hot take. The only good use for cupcakes is when you're hosting a children's birthday party. Real cake is superior in every way. Bigger portions, better flavors, less waste, and cheaper by the pound. Plus there's no annoying paper to peel off of every slice which always takes some of the cake with it.
2 months

Thanks, guys. I just hope it will help OP, and anyone else who's struggling.
2 months

I'm going to add to an old post I made on a similar thread. I used to have terrible social anxiety, but I was able to get rid of most of it. In short, there's no big secret, it just takes a lot of practice. You'll need to have IRL conversations with people as often as possible (preferably daily), and your anxiety will slowly get less over time. Of course that means that you're going to have to push through those feelings and allow yourself to feel the fear in order to even get started. The best situation would be if you had people at work you can talk to, or if you live with family or roommates, that could also help to some extent. Here are some things that have worked for me:

- When you go shopping, you could try to make small talk with the cashier while you're being rung up. It's a short, low stakes interaction that will give you practice talking to people you don't already know.

- If you don't have friends you can easily hang out with, you can try looking for groups based on your interests that have a lot of members local to you, like board gaming groups. You can also try to make friends individually by messaging them on your social platform of choice.

- Don't hesitate to send the first message. If you understand that people enjoy having friends, then your conversation can't be an imposition. Easy conversation starters are to comment on something they posted, something in their profile, or really anything you have in common. Don't lead with something like "Hey" and wait for a response before initiating the actual conversation. A lot of people will leave you on read.

- It's better to bring up what you want from them sooner rather than later. The longer you make small talk and wait, the harder it'll become to finally cross that chasm. Plus, people generally want to know your intentions upfront anyway. Another benefit of putting your cards on the table is that it actually saves you from negative experiences. Worst case scenario is that they think you're weird and ghost you. So what? You've barely spoken to them, so they mean nothing to you. You've just saved yourself a lot of time that would be wasted trying to make awkward conversation in order to get their approval when ultimately they wouldn't have been interested anyway. There's also many other possible reasons someone might not respond to you. They may not be looking for certain kinds of connections. They could be having a bad day from work and want to be left alone. They could be asleep, and then your message gets buried in their inbox. It could have nothing to do with you at all.

- Try to tone down your filter. If you're mentally screening everything you say to make sure it's ok first, you will end up being slow to respond and stay quiet a lot. Speaking off the cuff can be hard at first, but you can actually practice when you're alone. Pick a topic and try voicing your thoughts out loud as you're thinking them, like a stream of consciousness. Once that feels natural, you can just do the same thing whenever there's an awkward silence in the conversation. It almost doesn't matter what you say. Saying something dumb or pointless can make you seem more interesting than if you just stayed quiet.

- Fake it til you make it. Pretend that the other person is already a close friend that you've been hanging out with for years. They won't know that you're roleplaying, and will usually try to match your energy. If you do become friends, those feelings will become genuine anyway, so you won't be faking it anymore. You're not trying to act like someone you're not, you're still being yourself, but just a version of yourself in a better headspace.

- Remember that being a "good listener" doesn't mean being passive in the conversation. Whenever they tell you something, you should try to relate it to your own experience or try to tell an anecdote or something. Try to avoid just asking one question after another, since that can feel like an interview. While people like talking about themselves, they like finding common ground even more.

- Eye contact used to be hard for me, but if you feel like you need to look away too much, you can just stare at their forehead instead. They can't actually tell the difference.

- Remember that none of this actually matters in the grand scheme of things. The world has almost 8 billion people scratching around in the dark, trying to make sense out of chaos, but nobody actually has it figured out any better than you do. There's no excuse for not pursuing the things that make you feel fulfilled.
2 months

Why are people so angry at fat acceptance movements on the internet?

The process goes like this: some fat acceptance advocates who are pretty radical about it post their wild hot takes to Tiktok. They are a small fringe minority within the community, and I think most people here would disagree with a lot of their opinions. People on the cultural right discover these videos and make reaction videos out of them, painting them as being representative of the entire movement. They're then able to lump fat acceptance in the category of "woke insanity" (despite the fact that if you've been on these boards for any length of time, you'll notice that it attracts members from across the political spectrum). The more sensational it is, the more clicks it gets. The algorithm then boosts these videos to people who are interested in any topics related to being anti-woke, and it becomes a handy source of content for them. Once the demand for reaction videos outstrips the supply of videos they would normally want to react to, they have to expand the scope of their criticism in order to keep the content flowing. They also have to continually get more extreme over time in order to retain audience attention.

This process isn't specific to fat acceptance, it's happening to every community on both sides of the aisle, and is probably one of the biggest reasons we live in such a politically polarized climate now. That being said, I've noticed there's definitely a higher level of vitriol against fat people than most other groups that get harassed on the internet. Like fat people cringe videos will go way beyond criticizing ideas and include clips of people just trying to live a normal life, or clips of them working out, like I thought the entire point was supposed to be "fAt AcCePtAnCe Is UnHeAlThY", but even when they try to lose weight it's worthy of ridicule. The truth is they just have a visceral reaction to seeing a fat person at any time, in any context, and they will rationalize any excuse they can for it to be justified.
2 months

Why can’t all women be 600lbs+

*Checks URL*
Yep, we're on Fantasy Feeder alright. Reality Feeder is a very different website...
2 months

Anything to do against acid reflux from heavy cream?

Before you give up on HC, you should try digestive enzymes. I have to take them myself for unrelated reasons, but here's what I've used. (Take before eating to get the best results)

Zypan by Standard Process. Has several enzymes and seems to be good at handling sugars and carbs.

Essential Enzymes by Source Naturals. Has a different list of active ingredients, and is a good all-around option.

Premier HCL (Betaine Hydrochloride). Basically boosts your stomach acid, so it's good for handling heartburn and dense foods like meat, veggies and fiber. It could be helpful after stuffings when you're taking too long to digest a huge amount of food. Probably bad for acid reflux though.

Ox Bile. This is especially good for digesting fats, so is probably the best option for handling heavy cream.

I have heard Lactaid can be very helpful with digesting dairy, although I'm not sure whether or not it's only useful for people who are lactose intolerant, or if boosting your lactase enzymes would help with digesting large quantities of dairy for someone who isn't.

Regular antacids like Tums can help soothe heartburn, not sure about acid reflux though.

One thing I've taken to help acid reflux specifically is a little bit of baking soda (about 1/2 teaspoon) mixed into water and drink it in sips. It neutralizes acids quickly because it has a base pH. Be careful not to overdo it though. Taking too much or too frequently can put you at risk for some bad side effects. It would be better to get help digesting beforehand rather than soothing it after the fact.
2 months

Movies and tv shows about fat people?

City Island includes a feeder as one of the main characters, and it's depicted in a positive light. It's not the main focus of the movie though, more like a side plot.
2 months
12345   loading