So how brits are on here?

✋️ Newcastle upon Tyne.
4 years

Using curve enhancement cream to play with fat distribution

Snake oil. Save your money. This company is lying to you.
4 years

Random ass question.

But...why would you want to?
4 years

Ultra processed food causes rapid weight gain

EvilFeeder:
Now a study matching macronutrients AND micronutrients pls.

ShakesSphere:
Micronutrients have no calories.

I know. They don’t need calories to exert an influence on appetite.
5 years

Ultra processed food causes rapid weight gain

Now a study matching macronutrients AND micronutrients pls.
5 years

Wanting the best of both worlds.

That’s a shame and must be very difficult for her. It’s unsurprising, in light of the prevailing culture and social expectations of appearance, that she’s conflicted. I doubt very much that she’s alone.

The best thing that you can do is to be supportive and to create an environment within your relationship where she feels safe to express her dilemma (it would appear you already have) and also to change path, should she wish. There is much you can do (and, again, no doubt you already do. I don’t wish to patronise) to build her confidence and self-esteem and to help her to see beauty and worth being independent of size.

It’s ultimately going to be about priorities. There may come a time when the social pressure to conform wins over the desire to be desired in the bedroom and, if so, that’s going to be tough on you my friend. If your relationship is a strong one, you’ll survive it. Relationships are built on compromise, after all.
5 years

Punctuation in private messages.

The punctuation in private messages frequently ends up so messed up that the messages become very hard to read. I think this happens most often when I write them on my iPhone.

For example, when I type "that's", after I hit send, it becomes "that’s".

?
5 years

Feedees: want "evil feeder"?

This thread has my name written all over it,
5 years

Any product to increase appetite?

Hey fatchance! Here’s an article, published only today, about a study that, in light of today’s conversation, I think we can all agree is very relevant to you:

edmontonjournal.com/news/canada/people-with-extreme-anti-science-views-know-the-least-but-think-they-know-the-most-study/wcm/8c1fded3-b1ab-46ba-ab40-201c9df46672

Enjoy!
5 years

Any product to increase appetite?

Irrespective of where fatchance sourced it, the summary he posted was a response to a Q&A written by, yes, the discredited celebrity alternative-remedy peddling anti-science quack Andrew Weil.

www.drweil.com/health-wellness/body-mind-spirit/heart/red-rice-yeast-instead-of-statins/

You'll note that fatchance omitted the following from Weil's response:

"This is a valuable study, but I wouldn't recommend switching from a statin to red rice yeast without your physician's approval and supervision. Because supplements are unregulated and the demand for quality ingredients is growing, some products will not actually contain any red rice yeast extract and, as a result, won't be effective."

A bit like I said, in my earlier post. The same post about which fatchance accused me of continuing "to be dense"...

The trial Weil refers to, Red Yeast Rice for Dyslipidemia in Statin-Intolerant Patients: A Randomized Trial is an early, small-scale, short duration randomised controlled trial in which a small cohort of patients were administered carefully regulated, analysed (unlike commercially available) treatment with Red Rice Yeast against placebo.

Critically, it did not compare Red Rice Yeast against current statins. The purpose of the study was to find an alternative to statins for statin-intolerant patients.
5 years
45678   loading