Subcutaneous fat

Kind of. Genetics and hormones seem to be the biggest factors. Reduce stress as much as possible, as cortisol seems to preference visceral fat gain.

However, as others have said, dietary factors seem to have minor influence. Dairy fat seems to favor subcutaneous fat gain, while fructose seems to favor visceral fat.
1 year

Subcutaneous fat

Kind of. Genetics and hormones seem to be the biggest factors. Reduce stress as much as possible, as cortisol seems to preference visceral fat gain.

However, as others have said, dietary factors seem to have minor influence. Dairy fat seems to favor subcutaneous fat gain, while fructose seems to favor visceral fat.
1 year

Therapy options

It sounds like both individual and couples’ counseling might help.

Therapy Den and Inclusive Therapists are both pretty good directories. Look for therapists that describe themselves as “kink inclusive” and/or identify fat liberation or health at every size as part of their values/practice.

Tiktok is a very popular resource for mental health and relationship info. It’s a real mixed bag—there are definitely excellent, well-qualified professionals providing good information, but there’s also plenty of unqualified and *supposedly* qualified people sharing… dubious info. If you do turn to tiktok, look for licensed and educated professionals—psychologists, mental health counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists. Avoid “coaches”.

Remember that there’s lots of different approaches and theories for therapy and counseling—there’s few (if any) holy grails or absolute truths.
1 year

Tips for sticking to a heavy cream diet?

If you drink coffee or tea, try adding some HC to that! For some extra dopamine, maybe a bit of chocolate syrup in coffee or honey in tea?

To make it easy, I borrow my roommate’s milk frother/heater. Definitely a luxury item, but highly recommend it if you like lattes and such.
1 year

Heavy cream vs butter

This will be a boring answer, but hopefully helpful.

Neither HC nor butter is inherently more fattening. Or I guess, to be a bit pedantic, the question should be “which is more fattening per X?” Cuz after all, butter is just heavy cream with the water removed.

Per amount of food: butter has a much higher fat content, so it wins here.

Per $: I believe I get more calories per dollar with butter where I live. However, to maximize absorption, it has to be well-incorporated into food due to its high fat content. Without being too graphic… if your diet is high in fat that your body isn’t absorbing, that’ll be clear on the porcelain throne.

Per labor/input/effort: IME, heavy cream wins here, because the fats are well-incorporated into water (better than in butter). The same principle applies though—if it’s not absorbing, it’s not well-enough incorporated into food. I usually have to dilute HC with milk to get half and half.

IIRC, it’s cheaper to make heavy cream by mixing whole milk and butter, but I could be wrong.

Ultimately, what matters most is what you enjoy and what’s comfortable for you to eat.
1 year

Disguising voice?

Another potential option: maybe collaborate with someone? You write, they record?

I'm also interested in natural sounding voice changers... but that's mostly for D&D smiley

Edit: if you want to record it yourself, and have a mac, garageband might work well enough. Esp. if you're down to change the gender presentation of your voice (e.g., you practice resonating your voice differently, and then use the software to change the pitch).

Mobile version might work for this too? Not sure.
1 year

Is murual gaining kinda taboo

I don’t think I’ve seen any behavior that suggests that—at a community level—mutual gaining is taboo. What have you seen? *Why* do you *think* it’s taboo? I ask because I wonder if you might be misinterpreting a different kind of message.

I *have* seen women (both feedees and feeders) who are not interested in mutual gaining communicate their preferences clearly and/or firmly.

While the connection isn’t always stated explicitly (although sometimes it is), I imagine this is usually in response to boundary/consent violations by men who try to get uninterested women to engage in mutual gaining.
1 year

Yet another cream diary

WHOAH what??? 20lbs in less than 2 weeks? That’s prodigious. So impressive! How’s he feeling?

(How many days have passed? On my end, it doesn’t give a specific time for your previous post, just says it was 1 week ago, and I dont know how this forum handles rounding)
1 year

The croissant diet/fire in a bottle—thoughts?

I know some folks around here like talking about the science of gaining—how to do it well, how to avoid complications/illness, etc.—and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with/has thoughts about the ideas from Fire in a Bottle/the Croissant diet?

I’ve been trying to implement it for awhile—not for weight loss, but for energy/metabolism improvement. I feel way better than I have in a long time. My digestion feels better, I have more energy, and I don’t get blood sugar crashes or hunger pangs (I still get hungry, but no pang).

For those unfamiliar,

One of the intro posts is here: fireinabottle.net/the-croissant-diet-specification/

The author poses some interesting ideas about epigenetic signaling/control of metabolism/energy homeostasis, weight gain/loss, and diabetes.

Interestingly, like some of us here, he favors dairy fat for stearic acid—but for weight loss and improved metabolism instead of weight gain.

Basically, drawing from a number of strains of research, he proposes that our metabolism and fat storage genes respond to dietary epigenetic signals—specifically, the ratio of polyunsaturated fats to saturated fats—much the same way that hibernator animals do, with similar effects:

Excessive dietary polyunsaturated fat —> epigenetic changes —> body prepares for hibernation, ie enters fat making and storage mode (side effects of lethargy and lowered body temp).

While hibernators would enter real torpor and hibernation and burn through their fat stores, we don’t do that. Furthermore, when we burn stored PUFA, it signals just as when burning dietary PUFA. So that mechanism, plus diets high in PUFAs (e.g. from soybean oil or animals that accumulated PUFA from soy feed), people can get trapped in hibernator-like metabolism.

Eventually, that trap overwhelms the body’s ability to store dietary and synthesized fat, which results in diabetes. Like much of diet discourse, the mechanisms he addressed largely conflate obesity with eventual diabetes.

He proposes that the solution to this trap is: minimizing PUFA consumption + dietary epigenetic signaling to push the body into lean metabolism. Supposedly, saturated fats—especially stearic acid—signal the body to enter lean metabolism, which is characterized by shunting excess calories/energy to thermogenesis (instead of fat making and storage).

While I’ve happened to lose a little weight (less than 10 lbs), I do notice some pretty significant body composition changes. They reflect what feedees gainers often report/experience (including my own previous experiences), and some other people who have followed this diet but not lost weight report similar changes: namely, more subcutaneous fat storage (eg bigger thighs, bigger moobs), less visceral fat storage (eg smaller waistline, decreased pants size)
1 year

Transgender and gaining

Ditzy:
Try to not say the word like so much.
Not being mean or putting you down but people say that word too much and in sentences where it doesn't belong grammatically.

Happy gaining !!

(Friendly off topic teasing incoming...)

I mean... did they communicate something? did the audience understand it? boom, correct grammar lol

also like... I LOVE the word "like" n like that was a totally normal use of the word like cuz like "like" has like sooooo many different ways it can be used and like obviously in this post I'm like exaggerating my use of the word "like" and breaking so many other "rules" of grammar but I genuinely like the word "like" n think its rly interesting how the word has expanded uses and is like a multitool of words and like why be rigid with grammar when we can play with it to be *expressive*

*jazz hands*
1 year
23456   loading