"searching for a story" thread

I remember first reading this story on Deviantart, but it seems to have disappeared recently. Really enjoyed the concept and was hoping to find it again. Here’s the gist of the story:

An athletic young woman runs in a track meet, then wakes up the next day fat. She goes to the mall to buy new clothes and is insulted by some of her skinny friends who don’t recognize her. She eats a huge meal at the food court, buys clothes, then returns to her college dorm and falls asleep; when she wakes up she is even fatter, so fat that she breaks her scale. She struggles to make it to class, then bumps into a strange guy she noticed in the crowd at the track meet. He drops a typewriter he was carrying and it’s revealed that he was the one who caused her to gain weight every time she slept by typing it on the typewriter. She fails to chase after him, then comes across a female friend she talked to earlier at the track meet who is now also extremely fat. They go back to her dorm and end up becoming intimate; at the end, the two women are enormous and dating, they love being fat and don’t even remember when they used to be skinny and athletic.

That’s pretty much the whole thing; remembered it better than I thought I did. smiley If anyone knows the title/author or has a link, I’d greatly appreciate it.
6 years

Survey for all who desire to gain a significant amount of weight.

I’ve gained 120 lbs in the past year-and-a-half, so I feel qualified to answer. smiley

1. Did you always desire to be fat, as far as you can remember?

Definitely not, I think prior to discovering my preference for bigger/curvier women, I was as fat-phobic as most of the general population. Once I discovered it in adolescence this obviously all changed.

2. Did your desire appear suddenly, or in a relatively short period of time?

It followed right behind my discovery of fat admirer culture; it’s hard to know how intertwined my personal desire to gain is with it being a turn-on in others, but they definitely went hand-in-hand

I was really skinny, underweight in fact, for most of my adolescence, so gaining was truly just a fantasy for a long time. Only recently have I had the resources and lifestyle (college student) to actually follow through with it, and I’ve been enjoying it ever since
6 years

Parents

Can't provide recipes per se, but there are a lot of normal—and even healthy—foods that can help to gain, as long as they are calorie-dense and high in carbs and/or fat:

-nuts (peanuts, almonds, etc)
-whole wheat bread, bagels
-chicken (thighs, breasts, etc)
-any fatty meat (beef, pork, etc)
-potatoes
-beans (baked, pinto, etc)
-whole milk, full-fat yogurt
-cheese
-most fruits (including dried, i.e. raisins)
-fruit juices
-granola

The list goes on and on. Buying foods like these are also usually cheaper than buying junk food (in terms of calories-per-dollar), though obviously they're good too as caloric supplements. Study up on which foods you like and can fit in your budget and you should be all set. Most online articles about gaining weight healthily will include lists like the one above that suggest good foods for gaining. Here's one, for example:

authoritynutrition.com/how-to-gain-weight/

They're usually written for underweight people, but the principles are the same; just on a larger scale depending on how much/quickly you want to gain.

As for hiding unhealthy stuff from parents (for which I accept no responsibility if it doesn't work smiley): get an opaque plastic container that's big enough to hold a food stash but that can also be tucked away and inconspicuous when necessary. Worked for me back in the day, anyway.

Hope some of that info can help. Happy gaining!
6 years

Beginner gaining tips

In a nutshell, gaining requires two key components: the first, obviously, is eating more calories than you expend; the second one, which is a bit trickier, is implementing lifestyle changes that will allow your body to store all these excess calories as fat.

Knowing how many calories you need on a daily basis is pretty simple, thanks to the many online calculators that can figure it out for you. This Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) calculator should give you a good estimate, though the numbers will differ a bit from site to site depending on which formula they use to determine the result: tdeecalculator.net

For every pound you want to gain per week, add 500 calories to your maintenance calories and you're on your way!

The second part is more difficult, as it might require you to change your daily habits in order to best facilitate your gain. There are many tips for doing this, so instead of summarizing them all I'll just share some helpful links that should get you on your way:

tdeecalculator.net
tdeecalculator.net
tdeecalculator.net
tdeecalculator.net

Obviously, no one can incorporate ALL of these strategies into their daily routine, so the key is just to find the mix that gets you the results you want.

Finally, if you try all of this and your weight still refuses to go up, then you might have to break down and start counting calories just to remain mindful of your intake and to ensure you're getting what you need. I personally use the MyNetDiary app, which lets you set custom weight plans and calorie goals, but MyFitnessPal is another popular choice.

I know the struggle to start gaining, as it took me several years to get any kind of lasting results. Hopefully this can jumpstart the process and allow you to avoid some of the mistakes I made along the way. Happy gaining!
7 years

Offensive imagery

It's definitely a bummer to come across someone you like only to spot a confederate flag or something in the background of their pics. I'm not sure how involved the mods are in checking such things, but maybe they should either delete such pics or tag them with a warning... at the very least such imagery should be formally discouraged.
7 years

*post all shake recipes here*

teddybear0312:
I have tried a powder and it made my mixture to rich and thick. I could not blend it was so thick. It says to use 2 scooops. However i has to cut back to a half a scoop. Found there ser� plenty of Cals. In heavy cream. Plus I have an array of flavors. I wouldn't like just one. Peanut butter doesn't mix well. Found new p.b. sundae topping mixed in well.

Hmmmm I'm intrigued by the sundae topping idea, would definitely be a lot smoother than regular peanut butter. I'll look into it, thanks!
7 years

*post all shake recipes here*

Haven't actually tried this yet, but I've heard great things about Serious Mass powder and made up a hypothetical recipe for it that amounts to about 4150 calories per serving:

-2 heaping scoops of Serious Mass (chocolate)
-2 cups whole milk
-1 cup heavy cream
-1 cup smooth peanut butter
-1 cup rolled oats (pre-ground)

I initially was going to use all heavy cream, but ended up substituting the whole milk to cut down on the cholesterol factor. I'm new to this sort of recipe so I don't really know how well it would actually turn out, got ideas for the ingredients from here: www.livestrong.com/article/438117-weight-gainer-shakes-with-about-4-000-calories/

What does everyone think? Any tips for improvement?
7 years

People noticing how much you've gained over winter.

It's been weirdly warm in my neck of the woods lately, and a few days of wearing t-shirts again definitely makes certain areas more prominent than they were last fall. No comments or anything, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten some stares. I don't mind though 🤷‍♂️
7 years

So what games are you playing?

I'm too poor to buy many games lately, but luckily Battlefield 1 and Rocket League have limitless replay value. Also obsessed with The Witness, though I can't let myself play too often during school because it can be a total timesuck.
7 years

Bmi. what's yours?

So close to that magic 30!
7 years
12   loading