Confessions pt. 2

Sometimes i wish i could travel without the little problems that come up like money.
15 years

Favourite old films

The Elephant Man and The Day The Earth Stood Still(not the remake). Soylent Green which is one of my favorites as well.
15 years

Confessions pt. 2

Moonchild wrote:
bobmonkeys wrote:
nobody213 wrote:
Ok so if i have have a purpose how am i supposed to find it. I have been trying to give myself a purpose for years now and in the end i still have nothing to show for it. You are right that i should put myself on the line if i'm ever going to get over my paranoia of other people but i just can't seem to get myself to do. I think about why i can't just open up to people in front of me but i just can't figure out why it's so hard for me. I really whine about my life too much everyone has problems so why would i think other people would want to hear mine.

I don't think I have quite the problems you have, but I feel like I can sympathize with you on the not having personal relationships type of thing. All I can say is, try leaving your house once in a while and go do something on a regular basis. Join a sports team, a club, or a church (even if you aren't religious) or take up some type of classes or get a job. It doesn't matter if you like it, but do something on a daily/weekly basis that will give you something to be doing with your life. You may not immediately make friends, but your outlook on life may not be so gloomy.

Work is almost necessary for the human spirit.

Bobmonkeys is totally right, and might I also toss charity work into the pool of suggestions? Something like Habitat for Humanity is a great way to both meet people and increase your skill set, which will be helpful in getting a job eventually. It's not about finding your purpose, it's about making sure that when you find it (or it finds you), you're ready for it.

Also, if nobody wanted to hear about your problems, would Bob and I have responded?

I wasn't expecting a response at all but yes you are right you two did respond so i was wrong about that. I have tried working i even stayed at a job for seven months(some of you may think that's not a lot of time but for me it is)and i tried to make friends but instead i ended up hating everyone. While working i just wanted to kill myself and everyone around me and i used to play sports but i never had fun so i just quit like i did with my job. My big problem as i see it is that people for no real reason really irritate me. Out of everyone i meet 99% of people i hate within the first 30 minutes of talking and that 1% i just don't mind spending time with but i wouldn't care if we never saw each other again. I tried in high school and after high school and i just can't seem to like people i know i shouldn't get annoyed with people i don't even know but i just do.
15 years

Confessions pt. 2

Moonchild wrote:
nobody213 wrote:
I spend all day in my room with the door closed, i have no friends, and i have never been in a relationship. I'm paranoid of other people and kept my self emotionally distant. I have no purpose to live.

This is probably not the self-esteem inducing response that's best, but... who the hell are you to say that you have no purpose in life? Of course if you think that your life's gonna suck. The only way to stop being paranoid of others is to put your security on the line, but what have you got to lose? What if you do have a purpose? Isn't that worth facing your paranoia?

Ok so if i have have a purpose how am i supposed to find it. I have been trying to give myself a purpose for years now and in the end i still have nothing to show for it. You are right that i should put myself on the line if i'm ever going to get over my paranoia of other people but i just can't seem to get myself to do. I think about why i can't just open up to people in front of me but i just can't figure out why it's so hard for me. I really whine about my life too much everyone has problems so why would i think other people would want to hear mine.
15 years
2345   loading