Many people like you fat...

...just the way you are. I think that the majority of large people are unaware of the fact that there are plenty of people who find them irresitable. They see the cookie cutter "image" on television and think that they have to look like that to be desirable.

That being said, there are not enough admirers who are willing to admit their true desires, thus leaving the object of their affection in the dark. It reminds of the party scene from "Revenge of the Nerds", where everyone is standing there, yet nobody want's to make the first move. Thoughts?
12 years

Metalheads unite!

King Diamond is better and has returned to the stage! I would REALLY love a new Mercyful Fate album with the original lineup...orgasm.
12 years

Who got advent calenders?

In the words of Billy Bob Thornton: "Why are you so obsessed with that goddamn thing?" LOL
12 years

Boobs, bum, belly or arms?

It's the whole fat girl package for me. Love the entire look. That being said, if I was forced to choose, it would be belly and ass. Though, arms are very underrated. I love waking up with a fat lady next to me, and gently massaging and kissing the fat upper arms. I become aroused in seconds. It's a wonderful sight and feel smiley
12 years

Spiritual knowledge

Moonchild wrote:
OniGumo wrote:
I just have one thing to say here. You claim that imminent and transcendant are pretty much mutually exclusive. I don't think so.

Especially if you are a devotee of one of the main three monotheistic religions of today, which is to say Judaism, Christianity, or Islam. To be a follower of these religions is to believe that all men and women were created in the image of God. Which means we are in some sense divine. So that makes these monotheistic religions a mix of imminent *divinity all around and within* and transcendent *divinity that lies in another plane of existence*.

Just my two bits.

Fair enough but it doesn't mean the religion isn't about pursuit of the sacred and turning away of the profane. I've never had a clue what "in His image" is supposed to mean but whether or not you can say we're "in some sense divine" you still have to look to something external for salvation. Imminence was lost with Eden and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (in imminent religion there is no knowledge of good and evil... there may be perception of it, but that perception is wrong). Look at the Tower of Babel story -- God actually intentionally nerfed us to remind us how not divine we are. Maybe I was throwing around the word "divine" too much because it isn't about what you can label divine, but how you react toward it and in orthodox Christianity if you look to yourself, the earth, other people, etc for salvation you're not going to find it -- it only comes through the omnipresent but still differentiable God.

By the way I'm sorry about my obvious imminent bias. It isn't that I think there's anything wrong with transcendent religion, it's just that I don't follow one so it's harder to put myself in that perspective.

nl54 wrote:
The term spiritual knowledge is a false statement in itself. Belief and knowledge are two different things. For example: I know this is a bottle in my hand, so it doesn't require belief. I "believe" that I will wake up in the morning, but I don't "know" that I wlll. See the difference?

Yeah, but this thread's about religion in general, not any given religion itself. A religion is not science, but the study of a religious experience can be. It's more like "knowledge about beliefs."

I was merely responding to the title of the thread, seeing as it was a faulty statement right off the bat. It wasn't a jab at any particular religion, seeing as they all share the faith motiff.
12 years

Childfree?

Not big on children, don't have any. The only plus is the pregnant look on a lady, with a massive swollen belly. Don't get me wrong, if I did happen to conceieve, I would man up and help support the kid. After all, it takes two to tango and it was not the child's fault that he or she was born.
12 years

Drawn together - toot

Toot...compulsive eater and alchoholic. There are some scenes where she grows as big as a house from gorging, but I couldn't find them.

12 years

Spiritual knowledge

The term spiritual knowledge is a false statement in itself. Belief and knowledge are two different things. For example: I know this is a bottle in my hand, so it doesn't require belief. I "believe" that I will wake up in the morning, but I don't "know" that I wlll. See the difference?
12 years

Religion ended my relationship

I've seen religion destroy many families and relationships. It's quite sad.
12 years

Mcdonald's mcrib sandwich

Some people like it, other's don't. I happen to love it. Thoughts?
12 years
12345   loading