The fat body (in)visible

CynicalOsprey wrote...the Taj Mahal isn't a natural wonder...

Hee hee. I thought the same thing.
13 years

How do you spot a fa?

grimwriter wrote
well, they strive for size acceptance, so that's their primary aim and I'm not surprised that they choose to cut themselves off from a controversial matter such as feederism in order to do that. plus, as was pointed out, feederism and size acceptance are not exactly compatible. what else did you espect? think real.

As someone who is a long-time fat liberation activist and also practicing feeding, can you help me understand why the two are 'not exactly compatible'?
13 years

Thank you, ff. (this is an honest thank you, not sarcasm)

Yeah, true, but that's always the way. You eat mostly mediocre food, and every so often have something fabulous. You watch mostly mediocre--at best!--movies and tv, but every once in a while there's a life-changer.

Similarly, you date lots of crappy people who treat you badly so that you can meet someone who totally rocks your world.
13 years

Thank you, ff. (this is an honest thank you, not sarcasm)

I think it's important to talk about the problems--which I suspect are partly going to be true of any fetish site, but are amped up here by the negative images being fed to us *constantly* by fat-hating friend, family, and the media. It just makes it that much harder to hold your head high and do what's right.

But--and this is a VERY BIG *BUT*--we so often lose sight of the successes that happen all the time here. Romances, marriages, important friendships, small local communities, and all kinds of things happen while we're complaining about how bad things are.

I'm glad Atomic is asking us to count our blessings. And there's a lot to count. smiley
13 years

I made a boo boo =(

I'm with john. Get a second opinion. Or, tell the doctor that you've tried, and you haven't been able to lose the weight, and ask what s/he suggests.
13 years

Anti-obesity terror tactics?

I *so* didn't mean to shut down the convo. In all seriousness, what do you all make of the arguments that national health shouldn't have to pay for us, because we make our own bad health?

Maybe we should do a thought experiment. Should national health cover smokers who get lung cancer? Alcoholics with cirrhosis of the liver? Fat people who need dialysis from complications due to diabetes?
13 years

The fat body (in)visible

I *loved* that video. Don't miss it, y'all. Totally fun and smart and right there politically. And the two women featured in it are gorgeous, not to mention some beautiful examples of adipositivity photos.
13 years

Cant move

There definitely are women who like it, hon. The minority, for sure, but we exist. Even among non-gainers, there are women who enjoy their abundance.
13 years

Anti-obesity terror tactics?

I agree. The interesting piece of it, and one I've been musing over a lot lately, is the 'obesity costs taxpayers millions of (insert appropriate currency unit here)'.

I didn't always think this, but I have come to believe that we have a right to pleasure--not any and all pleasure we want, of course, but to the pleasures we choose for ourselves, whether that's a particular sexual practice or smoking pot or drinking alcohol or eating. Life in general is hard enough, given the kinds of hours people are working just to hold things together and all sorts of other pressures. Who's to say that the stress hormones from NOT eating as and when I please wouldn't do as much or more damage than the fat is hypothetically doing? And I'm quite sure the pleasure I derive from being fat does me a world of good, on all sorts of levels! smiley
13 years

Internet shopping for bhm clothing

There's also Jacomo:

www.jacamo.co.uk/shop/

I've bought the semi-ex a few things there and the quality and service were perfectly fine.
13 years
56789   loading