My girlfriend's button popped!

She runs downstairs all excited to tell me her pants button popped off. Such a great girl lol
9 years

Feeder game

I was working on one for a long time, but I just didn't see enough interest to finish it...it takes a lot of work to make a full game...and I kinda suck at art and had trouble finding an artist willing to do tons of frames without pay smiley
12 years

Feeling like life has stalled

Thanks guys...

I'm trying to keep my head up but it's just tough. I feel like I'm wasting my life. But with the systems in place, there isn't much I can do. Even if I declare bankruptcy I won't get rid of the student loans (part of the education scam). The only way is to graduate...but I can't go back unless I find a ton of money. It's a system designed to screw poor people...
13 years

Feeling like life has stalled

I'm getting really depressed lately.

I've been alone for a really long time now, but that's not the main reason I'm writing. I need some advice about financial issues.

You see, I was going to college a few years ago after having been out of school for 8 years. When I went back, I was really excited to be learning again - I'm a game designer by heart; it's all I've ever wanted to do, and all my creative outlets (music, drawings, programming) lean towards that. I did very well my first semester, getting a straight 4.0. However, in the middle of the next semester, I found out my ex was pregnant. This coupled with other issues in my life really depressed me, and my grades plummeted. I kept trying to continue in college, but the anxiety about the birth and then the birth itself and the months following completely destroyed my college GPA. I went from a 4.0 to a 1.7, and then had to drop out due to depression and because I wanted to spend time with my son.

This past November, I was called by Great Lakes financial (the company behind the education scam in America), who said they would start garnishing my wages if I didn't start paying them. Well, I told them I had been planning to go back in January (because I was) and they told me they'd defer til then.

Then January rolled around, and I went to sign up for classes again. When I did, I found out that my account had a balance on it. Upon calling the school, I found out that they had dropped me from several classes instead of withdrawing me when I left on my last semester, and that I now owed them about $1500 to be able to go back to school. I have no way to earn that kind of money. So, I decided to wait til my tax return came and just catch up in the semester.

Well, my W-2s didn't show up til WELL after the Jan. 31 deadline for employers, so that screwed me. I filed my taxes as soon as I got the last one, and was going to get enough back to pay the school.

But here, fate intervened to *** me once again. The federal government seizes the refund checks of anyone on child support, unbeknownst to me. So while I waited for these checks, the federal government was giving them to the child support agency for my state. I was informed of this in LATE MARCH, after having waited 5 weeks for my taxes. (Btw, I have never missed a child support payment or even been late. This is just how they 'support' children these days, by ***ing the father over as much as possible.)

So now, not only do I not have the money to pay Great Lakes OR the school, but am falling behind on my other bills because I can't earn enough. I may have to file for bankruptcy, although I loathe to do that because it's like I'm a complete loser, when all this stuff was pretty much circumstance that occured to me. Moreover, I need my computer for my profession and they'd certainly take it if I did that.

I don't know what to do anymore. :'(

My life is pretty much over, in my eyes. I'm 28, without a college degree, no hope of financial recovery, and 140 IQ. I'm basically a wasted life; someone who could have been something but was just screwed by circumstance over and over and over. I have nothing except my son to be proud of, and that depresses me even more because I want to give him a good life and I'm simply not going to be able to due to my own failures.

Sooo...I don't know. I'm about ready to just give up and call it quits on existence.
13 years

Feedee game

This won't be getting finished for a while. I'm leaving the site for an undetermined amount of time. I've been here five years at least and am still single and I'm tired of hearing how "things will get better" or about how other people have such good luck here, not to mention how much that depresses me.

I'll be back at some point, but I'm taking some time off from caring about women, because all I've ever wanted to do was love someone, and it has led me to nothing but misery in my loneliness. I'll finish the game when I come back. Sorry people, I'm just tired of waiting...and constantly being reminded of how lucky other people are when I come to this site has been a big source of depression for me. Once again, I'm sorry, and I promise I'll finish it.
13 years
12345   loading