What were the first physical limatations as you got fatter?

The first thing I noticed was the walking. I put on a lot of weight during COVID before my senior year of college; walking around on campus was suddenly a huge (ha) chore.

I got exhausted easily and quickly. Difficulty standing for any period of time soon followed, almost purely because of the strain it puts on my back. Whether that's actually from the weight or subconsciously sucking in my belly, I'm not sure.
2 years

Looking for some friends to encourage/explore

Always looking to make some friends too. Sent a message
2 years

Anyone else had back issues from standing at 324lbs?

FatLover91:
I’m 26 years old 5’11” and 324lbs. My goal weight is at least 600lbs. But I’m concerned I’ll be immobile much sooner. At my current weight I’ve recently noticed myself having back and leg pains while standing for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Based on this do you guys think I’ll be immobile before 600lbs?

I’m the exact same size as you and have experienced the same thing. Pretty much as soon as I hit 300, I realized that even just standing was getting pretty hard. I can’t stand for long without back and leg pain. I mean, I love it, but it was definitely a surprise.
2 years

Young obesity anyone 18+

Update on an earlier comment in this thread lol. 22 and 325 pounds
3 years

Fat teacher

Yep, 8th grade Spanish teacher. Easily the heaviest person I have ever had the fortune of meeting. She was wheelchair bound, her husband drove her to work each day in a van. Only ever saw her stand once before. A truly massive woman.
3 years

Stages of getting fat (body types)

Have been 5 for a while, but this fall moved into stage 6 of this obesity scale. Definitely obese now — can't hide it. Some chairs and airplane seats are getting seriously tight/uncomfortable. Belly rests on my lap when sitting.

Good to know I've entered a new stage. About 315 pounds, for reference.
3 years
1234   loading