Fat admiring/feederism - evolutionary advantage? (survey)

y2kboris1:
Interesting Post. Derhikingviking are you still taking polls for this project?
Thank you, and sure! But i have much to do at the Moment, so it could take a while until i respond.
5 years

Hey everyone, thanks for responding. (And sorry for the delay)

Well, of course there is not enough data yet to make a clear conclusion, but enough to make a theory. I noticed before that there were a large amount of of male fat admirers/ feeders who were thin themeselves. The survey kind of strenghtens this observation.

Summary
1. 3 of 4 persons early on in life
2. 4 of 4 persons were male
3. 3 of 4 persons describe themselves as thin/lean/athletic, one person muscular/ average built
4. 2 of 4 persons have provable family members with similar preferences
5. Dominance aspect: 4/4 (SahX, i interpreted it like this , please tell me if im wrong); The processs of weight gain in a woman/ the changes: 4/4;

Conclusion:
-The results of the questions 1 and 4 are suggesting that there could be indeed a passing on of allels that contain feederism/ fat admiring data. (Also the result of 5, because all answers were similar)
-The answers of questions 2 and 3 are showing that all persons were athletic, and nearly all persons were thin, wich is also very interesting. This makes me think about the brand new branch of biology - epigenetics. Scientists found out that our chromosomes are changing during our lifetime. Not the DNA sequence, but the phenotype (wich contains information about our appearance and behaviour). So at least for us thin people (I was born very thin/underweight) our sexual preferences could be a compensation for our own weight, that we can have healthy descendants.

@DominantMaleFA
"My theory is that evolution gifted humans with a large variety of sexual preferences because we have a large degree of variety in our bodies and our DNA. Species only survive when they maximize their chances of reproduction. If every human being was only attracted to one very specific body type, humanity would have gone extinct long ago, because only people with that specific body type would mate successfully. "

I think sexual preferences not appear randomly, we seem to have a basic sexual preference which develops and changes during our lifetime (see epigenetics). What you said is not just a theory, its commonly accepted that there are variations in the offspring of any living thing, the variations that have proven themselves survive (Known as "survival of the fittest" by Charles Darwin). But interesting theory non the less smiley

But what advantage could higher body fat in women give us? Compared to our closest relatives, we are "really fat apes" smiley , fat performs a huge role in Human reproduction:

"Human females have an unusually large amount of body fat, predominately in the legs and buttocks, which is necessary for them to reproduce and gives them the hourglass figures that men admire. The reasons for this have been unclear, but one possibility is that lower-body fat stores omega-3 fats necessary for the growth and development of the very large brains of human children. "
(Quote from William D. Lassek, Steven J. C. Gaulin; First published: 20 April 2015; Quoted on 11 May 2018; doi.org/10.1002/9781118896877.wbiehs404)

Well that would be a pretty significant advantage if you ask me.
5 years

Hey guys, thanks for replying so far, will post the results, my analysis and research tomorrow.
5 years

Hello everyone.

I think every one of you has asked themselves, 'What is feederism and where does it came from?'. I have researched the topic and found out that there was not much research regarding this topic. At the moment i am serving in the german army, but after that i will go to university and study biology or planetary sciences.

My first question is, where does feederism or fat fetishism lay? Research suggests that it is some kind of 'mental disfunction' what want to proof wrong. My theory is that the information lies in our genome and does (at least not in all cases) develops itself when we grow up. It could be an evolutionary advantage in human civilization being attracted to a person who is overweight, because stores of body fat can mean wealth etc.

What i want to find out: Does the information of feederism lay in our genome (and not our Brain)
1. When did you realize (age) you are into this kind of stuff?
2. Are you male or female?
3. What is your bodytype?
4. Are there other members in your family who have similar preferences?
5. What do you like about feederism?

I thank you all in advance, and feel free to let me hear your own theories smiley

And here are my answers:
1. As long as i can remember
2. Male
3. Athletic/ Thin
4. Yes
5. The aspect of helping another person gain
5 years