Can we get better bot and scamer protection

The check mark is a nice idea. I’ve been verified for a while, but you wouldn’t know unless you went into my profile, and at least personally, I feel like the feature that lets you know when people have looked at your profile dissuades me from checking profiles as often as I could? Sometimes I think it’s weird when people look at mine, so why wouldn’t the same be true the other way? Maybe it’s a me thing. But there’s important info that’s only in the profile, including verification status.
3 days

Can we get better bot and scamer protection

Compuserv:
Going to add to this. The same scammers keep creating profiles with the same socials. The IP address of these users all track back to Lagos, Nigeria. Even when they use a VPN, I am still able to figure this out.

They will use pictures that they sourced from the internet. If anyone sends you a photo, run it through a reverse image search or check the file name. These will give you hints of where the pictures come from.

The scammers will not attempt to get to know you at all. They will jump right into asking you for money. They are not your friend.

Here is a list of Discord names to avoid:

Discord:
-beloyaltome
-dominantprincess
-biggestbellyever_16697
-bellybbwfeedee_37663
-felicia1534
-biggerthebetter10
-lauren3495

Do not give money to strangers. It is really easy to become someone else on Internet with the right tools.

Do not become a victim.

LydiaFatPuppy:
It's not just that the moderation team of this forum seem to not be spending time and efforts to try and stop these scams

What is the direct intentions of letting me scammers run around the place is it because in reality FF is mostly a ghost town and if you're a move all the bots there is very few people

If that is a yes then remove these goddambots already so that the servers and community can fill with good people so we don't have to be spammed with a million Nigerian bots and fake accounts

Even if it is simple as every time your profile picture or username is being rendered on the HTML a hard-coded verified or warning unverified appears next to your account and the other major thing is to have ranks that say how regular of an ff user you are

Giving users the tools to immediately verify invalidate users and to tell when somebody make an account two weeks ago or is actually active on this site

Seriously hiccup you're destroying your site without it leaving it as a desolate pit that is the prime example of the Dead internet theory at least on a small community like this you have the ability to that stuff and you have full control over the websites functions unlike services like discord or telegram where people are constrained within the generalised platform

Give us the tools to protect ourselves and protect new users and old users

I think those are some good practical suggestions. I'm sure there will be some more feedback soon.
3 days

Help! advice needed

Cady55:
First, I’ll admit by saying I’m a horrible person. (Let’s look past that) I have been cheating on my husband with a guy I work with for about 6 months now. I finally got a conscience and decided to break it off. Come to find out, this guy is a closet feeder. Told me if I stopped hooking up with him he would go to my husband. Now, he doesn’t just want sex, he wants to make me fatter too. Now the problem is, I find it kinda hot. 🙈

Munchies:
Nah, not looking past that. Sort your shit out and come clean to your husband. Don't be shocked if he leaves your ass.

I don't understand why talking through your issues with him or divorcing him wasn't an option in your head before you got to this point.

I've been in happy, open relationships before. It was fine if I wanted to enjoy someone else because we established that boundary beforehand. All was well. Never cheated because I'm an adult and act like it.

RenaissanceGuy:
Munchies, while I enjoy your bluntness and think your overall message is generally right, your approach is as childish as the OP's approach to their situation.

Yes, people should communicate with one another, yes people should be forthright about their situations. The thing is, not everyone is you. Not every perception or set of contexts is yours. Leave your toxic behavior in a League of Legends forum.

As to the OP, you should talk with your husband, and work through it, whether together or separately.

Munchies:
It's more that we get posts like these all the time. How real they are is debatable, but every time it plays into a very clear cheating/humiliation fetish.

First she cheats, then he blackmails her into staying. Eventually she works up the courage to break it off.

This is all good and well.

But then she finds out that she can indulge her fetishes with him, she wants him back.

This is where she loses me. She wants to keep whatever benefits she has with her husband while also enjoying her fetishes. And this is after she's worked up the courage to cut it off.

I could understand if she hadn't reached that point yet. I could understand if she was staying with him due to the black mail but took solice in the fact that they have similar kinks.

This isn't what's happening here. I'm not being toxic. I'm simply fed up.
You can choose to not engage with posts that make you fed up, or flag it if it's content that you think breaks site rules. This story here doesn't feel credible to me, especially looking at the OP's other posts, which are all kinda on the pushing-buttons side of things. Don't let it get you upset.
3 days

Help! advice needed

No arguing in this thread please. I don’t really know what the OP meant to say with their first post, maybe just to titillate or outrage, but let’s keep it on whatever topic there is.
4 days

Help! advice needed

Letters And Numbers:
This reads like a feedist version of those fake letters in Penthouse magazine.

Canuck:
that was exactly what i was thinking, lol!

I think we both just dated ourselves
4 days

Help! advice needed

This reads like a feedist version of those fake letters in Penthouse magazine.
4 days
12345   loading