Anime thread

idk wrote:ikoku meiro no croisee

That was a fantastic anime. The OP was so relaxing~ I could watch a second season if they produced one.
10 years

Half filled profiles... why?

My personal opinion, none of the sections are really that useful to either girl or guy.

If the interest section worked like tags, and you could search for people with similar interests, it would become handy and encourage people to use it. Although I could probably see that ending up as a paid feature lol. Right now it’s just a section you have to click on to view people’s…favorite car? If you're not into fashion, TV, movies, or cars, your interest section is going to look pretty blank. Now if we were talking trains instead of cars, a GE Dash 9 Locomotive OH BBY PULL DEM FREIGHTS.

A person would probably have to be very active on the forums, shoutbox, and chat to really want to fill out their profile. The about section also doesn’t display well, so if someone were to load it with a ton of information it would become a thin, narrow, wall of text that isn’t comfortable to read.
10 years

Deportation for being too fat.

I have to agree with Maximum. He's not a citizen of the country, and just because he paid into the system at one point doesn't mean the country owes him. If the government here in America promised free health care in exchange for booting all the 35+ BMI immigrants on work visas out of the country, the whole country would probably be applauding.

I think this would be more of a problem if it was actual citizens the country was booting, rather than immigrants. However I see several articles mentioning he has a chronic knee condition requiring surgery and "evidence of impaired glucose tolerance and an enlarged fatty liver." We don't have his medical report, who knows what's written on it. If you lie to your dentist about flossing, wouldn't you lie to the media about it to?

It might be that he was selected because he's experiencing these medical issues, and being overweight is just one aspect.
10 years

Are there any non-creepy guys?

You're taking the argument down a wrong direction. The argument was related to “creepy men” not rapists.

The comments you are referring to deal with the creation of attention. If you are actively or passively doing something to create attention, you have to recognize there will be outcomes regardless. If I walk around the mall in my underwear or in a swimsuit, it will generate attention, same goes for a woman engaging in the same behavior. While we may feel justified to walk and dress a certain way, the context in which you do so will solicit different responses. A person wearing their cosplay to high school will generate a response different than what they’d experience at an anime convention. So while it’s easy to point fingers for how someone is treating you, you have to recognize the context in which you’re engaging your behavior.

For example, people who are giving their numbers out and then complaining they are getting harassed in doing so. Handing out your number is generally not safe anywhere on the internet, and it would be foolish to think you can just hand it out and trust people with the number. However it’s easier to blame the person doing the abusing of the number, then the person who was foolish to hand it out. So to post sexualized imagery, regardless of how you view the imagery, on a website with a high focus on fetishism and dating? It’s going to result in the same amount of attention you would get doing the same behavior at a mall, but with the anonymous aspect, allowing people to speak their minds more freely then the people at the mall. So you will end up with messages that are creepy because of the anonymity in this context.

The idea then is you can not blame one group of people for behaving a certain way while ignoring your own behavior in the same context. Creepy men are bad, but creepy women soliciting men to buy them food is okay? There are both creepy men and creepy women on this site, however it appears like there are more creepy men, only because there are more men accounts here. If the amount of women on this site matched the amount of men, there would be about equal creepy on both sides. A lot of that creepy is going to originate from the context and behavior sparking that.
10 years

Are there any non-creepy guys?

Okuni wrote:
That said... people uploading photos of themselves in their underwear isn't exactly going to invite comments like "YO YOU'VE GOT A NICE PERSONALITY".

"YO BBY U DRESSED 4 SUCCESS, SHOW ME DAT BUSINESS DEGREE."
10 years
1234   loading