Daily "i'm fat" reminders

I had two reminders today.

First, I went to the big boy store to get a few shirts. The employee guessed my size and thought I am a size higher than what I wear. This suggests I look bigger than I really am. A good sign!

Second, I was at work in the elevator with a co-worker who I hadn't seen since early in this gain. Well, she looked me up and down and had a big smile on her face. She couldn't believe how big I've gotten in such a short amount of time.

I love these encounters...especially on the same day.
16 hours

Eating healthier

NoMoYoYo:
I am now two weeks into my healthier gain. What a difference. I haven't been perfect, but I have cut out most of the fast food I had been eating and some of the junk too. I've also added some exercise.

Its amazing how quickly I've felt better. I've also noticed my belly becoming much softer.

I will continue this strategy and see where it takes me. I am pretty sure I will not gain any weight this month and thats okay. I'd rather remain fat and be more healthy than to continue the route I was on and get to a point where I had to lose weight again.

Munchies:
Some of that firmness reduction is due to a reduction in inflammation. A lot of junk food causes some level of gastro-intestinal inflammation. When it gets out of your system, much of that inflammation goes away. The same is true for fluid retention.

NoMoYoYo:
Interesting. This is obviously a good thing.

Now I need to find a way to up my calorie intake. Fast food and junk have tons of calories and is super easy to eat. Healthier foods fill me up quicker. I would like to get back up to 3000 calories a day, but am managing low 2000's right now.

My goal of 275lbs is in sight and I would like to get there possibly by the end of the year - about 2lbs a month.

Munchies:
Little things add up over time. Snacking on nuts, using sauces or full-fat dressing on your food, or adding cheese is a good way to add calories to food without feeling too full.

Over time, you'll be able to eat more food. But this is fine for now.

NoMoYoYo:
I eat nuts regularly. Usually mixed, but sometimes peanuts. I like cheese too. I think my problem is now that I've added more fruits and vegetables I feel fuller, quicker.

I think what I need to do is pick a calorie target and try hitting it daily. Then in a week or two add 100 more. Hopefully, by doing it this way I can eventually reach 3000. Or whatever number it will take to gain some weight.

You're right, this is fine for now. I went hard for the better part of nine months. I should probably take it easy for a bit.

My problem is I love gaining. I have to change my mindset and realize I'm fat now. It's okay if I don't gain at this moment. But it's hard.

Munchies:
Definitely give yourself some time to recover. Maybe a month or so. Don't worry about your calorie intake or the scale during this time. Take a "whatever happens happens" approach. At the end of it all, reassess.

NoMoYoYo:
Awwww, but, but, but.......fine lol

Not gonna lie, it's not going to be easy. I worry that if I take my foot off the pedal, I may not want to start again.

Munchies:
I wouldn't worry about it one way or another. Whether you hop back into the saddle or not depends on your mindset. If you are worried that taking care of yourself for a month will make you lose interest, then it's a good opportunity to do some soul-searching.

I hear what you're saying. In the end I want to be fat. And by all measures I am fat. It's just that after gaining more than 65 pounds in nine months I know that I'm so close to my goal of 275 that I would find it disappointing if I didn't reach it sooner than later.

Earlier in the thread you mentioned that I should slow down as I near my goal because people tend to blow right past it. That makes total sense.

I admit I've gotten fatter way faster than I anticipated. It's part of the reason I've changed my habits. I've stopped myself a few times from grabbing fast food, but boy is it tempting.
1 week

Eating healthier

NoMoYoYo:
I am now two weeks into my healthier gain. What a difference. I haven't been perfect, but I have cut out most of the fast food I had been eating and some of the junk too. I've also added some exercise.

Its amazing how quickly I've felt better. I've also noticed my belly becoming much softer.

I will continue this strategy and see where it takes me. I am pretty sure I will not gain any weight this month and thats okay. I'd rather remain fat and be more healthy than to continue the route I was on and get to a point where I had to lose weight again.

Munchies:
Some of that firmness reduction is due to a reduction in inflammation. A lot of junk food causes some level of gastro-intestinal inflammation. When it gets out of your system, much of that inflammation goes away. The same is true for fluid retention.

NoMoYoYo:

Now I need to find a way to up my calorie intake. Fast food and junk have tons of calories and is super easy to eat. Healthier foods fill me up quicker. I would like to get back up to 3000 calories a day, but am managing low 2000's right now.

My goal of 275lbs is in sight and I would like to get there possibly by the end of the year - about 2lbs a month.

Munchies:
Little things add up over time. Snacking on nuts, using sauces or full-fat dressing on your food, or adding cheese is a good way to add calories to food without feeling too full.

NoMoYoYo:
I eat nuts regularly. Usually mixed, but sometimes peanuts. I like cheese too. I think my problem is now that I've added more fruits and vegetables I feel fuller, quicker.

I think what I need to do is pick a calorie target and try hitting it daily. Then in a week or two add 100 more. Hopefully, by doing it this way I can eventually reach 3000. Or whatever number it will take to gain some weight.

You're right, this is fine for now. I went hard for the better part of nine months. I should probably take it easy for a bit.

My problem is I love gaining. I have to change my mindset and realize I'm fat now. It's okay if I don't gain at this moment. But it's hard.

Munchies:
Definitely give yourself some time to recover. Maybe a month or so. Don't worry about your calorie intake or the scale during this time. Take a "whatever happens happens" approach. At the end of it all, reassess.

Awwww, but, but, but.......fine lol

Not gonna lie, it's not going to be easy. I worry that if I take my foot off the pedal, I may not want to start again.
1 week

Eating healthier

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:

1 week

Eating healthier

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:

1 week

Eating healthier

1 week

Subconsciously playing with your belly

BigOke02:
So I've been wondering about something lately. Is there some reason why we fat people tend to subconsciously play with our bellies?

Because sometimes without noticing, I'd put my hands under my belly, and flick it upwards slightly with my fingertips. I'd only notice when I feel my hands are super warm for some reason... 😂 I've also read other examples of people rubbing their bellies or sit with their arms on top of them without noticing/thinking about it.

So yeah, just something I was thinking about...

Munchies:
Easy. It's warm, soft, and jiggly. All of these make it fun to touch. It's a good way to relieve boredom and stress.

People do something similar with hair and nice fabrics.

Malvineous:
They're just stimming, lol

Munchies:
Stimming is good. Stimming is great.

Plus, a lot of us are autistic.

Wow I've never heard this term before. But it's something I do. My hands always need to keep busy. While working, I hold onto a pen and play with it. I use a keyboard for almost everything, yet I hold a pen. This is among many other things I do to keep my hands occupied.

I've always thought I was on the spectrum somewhere. The more I look into it, the more I'm sure I am.

I don't think it affects me enough to look into it. And it seems I've found ways to deal with it.

Very interesting.
3 weeks

Daily "i'm fat" reminders

I went for breakfast this morning, squeezed my gut into a booth. I probably should have gone to a table with chairs, but I love tight booths.

When I finished and got up to pay, it was even tighter than before I ate. I swear after finally freeing my belly, I felt it go "boing" and jiggled.

I imagine the booth won't be an option soon, but I love it so much so I will enjoy it while I can.
3 weeks

Subconsciously playing with your belly

BigOke02:
So I've been wondering about something lately. Is there some reason why we fat people tend to subconsciously play with our bellies?

Because sometimes without noticing, I'd put my hands under my belly, and flick it upwards slightly with my fingertips. I'd only notice when I feel my hands are super warm for some reason... 😂 I've also read other examples of people rubbing their bellies or sit with their arms on top of them without noticing/thinking about it.

So yeah, just something I was thinking about...

I've recently noticed I've been crossing my arms over my belly. Never used to do that. I figure it out quickly and put them by my side...which is tough in some situations like chairs with arms or if someone is sitting beside me on a couch.
3 weeks

Eating healthier

Fat Lover Ftm:
Sumo wrestlers have a healthy diet, eating hotpots full of fish, meat and vegetables to bulk up.

NoMoYoYo:
Sumo wrestler bodies have always fascinated me. I imagine they have a lot more discipline than I have lol.

Munchies:
Well, they are athletes at the end of the day. And traditional sumo wrestling is really strict.

I tried to be more regimented when I was going to the gym and looking to lose weight. But then I took a "break" which has resulted in a 67lb gain. I need to find that balance. I want to get fatter, but be smarter about it.
4 weeks
12345   loading