Nyc meetup

where should we go ?? anyone have any suggestions lol ?
9 years

Nyc meetup

I'm not sure really ! I've never been, its kind of short notice so I thought maybe not many people can come so we could just meet at a bar or somewhere to eat ? what do you guys think ?
9 years

Nyc meetup

Hey guys
So me and Pants_dance will be in NYC
for a few nights from May 21-24 so if any new yorkers are interested in coming to a meetup post here and let us know smiley
9 years

Any gamers out there?

I play ps3 games and pc games like sims and guild wars smiley
9 years

I'm a feminist

This is why I never understand men being against feminism like
IT WOULD HELP YOU TOO

and besides who is selfish enough to only support a movement if it helps them PERSONALLY ?
9 years

I'm a feminist

anseo wrote:
chubbyhoney wrote:
(you)... belong to a privileged group who have never needed to fight against being repressed due to your gender - because your gender has always been the one doing the oppressing.

So.. you want reparations? It could be said that you're more privileged today due to your sex.

Saphiel Sir wrote:
What are some of these feminist issues, btw?

Off the top of my head: Wage gap, glass ceiling, domestic or physical abuse, discrimination etc. etc.

All usually men's fault.

Men's issues would look a little the same except y'know, we're more likely to be murdered. Or homeless. Get arrested, get found guilty. We're more likely to get a longer prison sentence than a woman for the same crime. We're more likely to suffer from depression and men lead suicide rates across the board. We're less likely to earn more money, visit a doctor, get a degree. Now, it would be idiotic to blame these issues on women, despite the numbers being different. I keep looking but I still can't find this privilege.

TheBlackWizards wrote:
Besides, I kind of feel like whether or not my words and actions support feminism and call out discrimination against women is actually more important than whether or not I call myself a feminist.

Nearly there, but this notion seems like it's only equipped to address women's issues, no?

This is where you're getting feminism wrong, it's not pitting men against women, it's not putting blame only one one sex, it's not only for helping women.

Many of the ' male problems' you just described are EXACTLY what feminism fights for, here are some things that would result from a feminist utopia

Men wouldnt be as likely to commit suicide because speaking about their problems and expressing their emotions wouldnt be so vilified.

Men wouldnt be less likely to be granted custody of their children because parenthood wouldnt be automatically considered to be more feminine than masculine.

Men's prison sentences wouldnt be so out of proportion to womens because men wouldnt be seen as violent predators.

You could also where whatever the *** you wanted, including pink, because it wouldnt be limited to femininity anymore.

Rape against men wouldnt carry so much stigma with it, meaning more reports and harsher punishments.

But the thing with all these male problems is they are DIRECT RESULTS of a misogynistic society and the demonization of femininity, so you fighting against feminism is completely counter productive to your want to improve these 'men problems'

Understand ?
9 years

I'm a feminist

chubbyhoney wrote:
anseo wrote:
I am not a feminist. I do not subscribe to a political ideology that is so rigid and militant. There are further arguments that feminism prioritizes women's issues and dismisses men's issues as being their own fault. Equality sounds better to me. Feminism sounds a little to fashionable. There's almost a uniform.

Feminism is believing in equal treatment of the genders. Some militants might believe in female superiority and call it feminism, but that is the extreme minority and absolutely not what feminism is.

Feminism is the belief that no one should be discriminated against because of their gender. I don't understand why some people find this so difficult to understand or are so determined to hijack the word and try to make it mean something else.

Not being a feminist because the term doesnt specifically reference your gender is the weakest reason ever
9 years

Keeping donuts

bread pudding is eaten in many countries not just uk and australia smiley its so yum
9 years

What attracts you to pictures?

Smiling ! im guilty of this too, I hardly ever smile in photos but I do love a happy smiling photo smiley
9 years
12345   loading