Angel delight ice cream

Has anyone tried the new Angel Delight ice cream mix? I picked one up at the supermarket earlier, can't wait to try it.
11 years

Mars bar cake

Hi folks, thought I would share one of my favourite recipes which is for Mars bar cake as I hadn't seen it posted before. It's really easy to make and tastes great.

Ingredients
200g milk chocolate
85g margarine/butter
115g Rice Krispies (I think they get called Rice Bubbles in Australia/NZ? Someone could correct me on that if I'm wrong.)
2 standard Mars bars (the US equivalent to these is a Milky Way)
1 tbsp golden syrup

Method
1) Cut the Mars bars and butter into small pieces and melt them together until there are very few lumps. Add the golden syrup.
2) Stir this mixture and the Rice Krispies together in a bowl until all the Rice Krispies are covered.
3) Transfer the Rice Krispies mixture to a deep non-stick tray or dish and leave in the fridge to set.
4) When the Rice Krispies have set, melt the milk chocolate and pour this over the top of the Rice Krispies. Leave in the fridge to set. When the chocolate is set the cake is ready to eat.

It can be a bit crumbly and messy to eat but it's worth it! Any questions, please get in touch!

Lauren x
11 years

Share your favorite books!

A few of my favourites are:

1984 - George Orwell (my absolute favourite)
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
Marabou Stork Nightmares - Irvine Welsh
Trainspotting - Irvine Welsh
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
The Catcher In The Rye - J.D. Salinger
Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
The Beach - Alex Garland
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/The Girl Who Played With Fire/The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson
The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
Disco Bloodbath (now called Party Monster) - James St. James
11 years

Euro 2012

I'm cheering on the Germans as I always do. I thought Gomez's goals in tonight's game were absolute crackers, as was Van Persie's.
11 years

Eurovision

Loved the Swedes! Also loved the Lithuanians, Hungarians and the Danes smiley
11 years

Betsy

Just seeing this, that's awful news. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.
12 years

Currently reading...

I am currently reading Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Dante's Divine Comedy and The Communist Manifesto.
12 years

Just for fun - ringtones

Mine is the Tetris Type A music.
12 years

Currently listening to?

At the current moment, The Memory Remains by Metallica.
12 years

Fabrice muamba

Such a shame, he's so young, really hope he pulls through. Thoughts with his family.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but thoughts also with Liam Kelly of Kilmarnock, whose father suffered a heart attack after watching Kilmarnock beat Celtic to win the Scottish League Cup today and sadly passed away. An awful weekend for football, but one that has brought fans from all walks of life together.
12 years
12345   loading