Best weight gain meals...

Heavy cream is tough to maintain. The trouble with a lot of the cheap ways to gain weight is that they're so unpleasant or difficult to maintain that backsliding is likely.

If you can get your hands on a cheap blender, I'd recommend this:

Buy bulk ice cream - the gallon tubs tend to be cheapest by the calorie - some heavy cream, milk, and cookies. Mash up the cookies in advance and keep a big container of cookie crumbs (I prefer Oreos, again, whatever fits your budget). Every morning and night, make yourself a large glass of milkshake with this, using half cream and half milk as the softening part. The cookies help liven up the texture so that it's not such a chore, and once you've gotten in the habit it's really easy to down them.

As you get more used to it, try refrigerating the ice cream instead. This way you don't get brain freeze and don't need the milk so you can just mix with cream and crumbs.

Even at your size (I'm also a skinny person and sometimes-gainer) you can easily take in an extra 1-2 thousand calories per day this way, without much added expense or effort.

Also if you're doing the fast food thing, avoid combo meals and stick to the dollar menu - at some places you can pull in nearly a thousand calories for only a few bucks.
11 years

At a con about an hour ago...

ThatGuyWithTheHair wrote:
Later, I asked one of my suite-mates - who was wearing a schoolgirl uniform with a thigh-high skirt and a halter top - how people were reacting to her. I told her that was pretty provocative for a plus-size cosplayer.

Now, I only said that because the vast majority of BBWs I see cosplaying wear fairly conservative costumes, but apparently, they took it as "fat people shouldn't be wearing that."

See, the thing is, they were trying to cosplay in a safe space where the focus could be on the costumes and not their bodies. And you just made it all about their bodies again, and reinforced the toxic notion that commenting on women's bodies without an invitation to do so is peachy-keen. It's not. Cosplay is about showing off your costume and expressing that, not about inviting entitled men to comment on your body.

Not Being a Creep 101: Positive or not, you have not earned the right to comment on somebody's body. Their clothes, their hairstyles, these are all things that you can assume they have chosen; you can't assume the same about their body type.
12 years

Forcefeeding in mauritania

Helper wrote
Chubber wrote
zonker25 wrote
Anyone who finds this the least bit odd should consider the West's forcestarving of so many of our young women...

Both are examples of patriarchal oppression of women, but you have to admit that their are some significant differences.

Forced-feeding of this nature is a distressing abuse of human rights. It is seldom consensual, generally managed through coercion and occasionally torture and often accompanied by genital mutilation.

While there is probably a patriarchal element to it, in my opinion its likely that there is also a significant female element to it as well. Its not uncommon (meaning it happens in a number of cultures) for older women to subjugate younger women ritually as a way of maintaining a very structured power-hierarchy.

Subjugating women: One of the few things in this world that is truly equal-opportunity.
14 years
123   loading