Pittsburgh meet up groups

If this happens, I'm down. (and so is my boyfriend)
8 years

English to american

adreamforthedead:
In Australia, it's called a Barbecue, in America we call it a grill.

We do?

This one confused a lot of Americans because Barbecue is both a certain kind of cooking, as well as a certain kind of prepared meat.

Sonic Purity:
And the cooking device� at least when i was growing up (in Cali- Cali- California). Entirely possible to be asked to �Go barbecue the barbecue on the barbecue, please�.

Maybe the change from briquette-fired barbecues to gas grills changed all that (shrugs shoulders).

))Sonic((

The grill/barbecue thing might be regional. In Ohio, no matter what kind of fuel you're using (charcoal, gas, propane, whatever), it's a grill.

And the football thing: American football is all about length. The gridiron is divided into yards. To progress, you must move a certain number of yards until you get to the yard at the end. All of this is centered around a ball that measures 1 foot. I know, I know, we should be using metric, and footballs should be round, but that is not how it is.

Also, at some point in the 18th century, the English began using entree to mean "a ‘made dish’, served between the fish and the joint". So the English got it wrong first, and that "wrong" meaning simply stuck in America once it arrived here.

The "fanny does not equal bum" is probably my favorite. But, also funny, is asking somebody for a rubber. In England, I guess that means you made a writing error and wish to erase it. In America, it means something completely different. smiley
8 years

Working through issues

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but I have a new message that I'm unable to read. There is a message instead that says "no items found". Are we now able to unsend messages? If so, how do we get rid of the new message notification?
8 years

In the way..

OP came here for advice on how to accomplish the task, not seeking opinions on whether or not she *should*. Your statement:

"...I feel I should chime in that you don't have to shave"

is a permission granting statement.

Anyway, I didn't come here for a fight, and I think we've derailed the discussion enough (again, it is intended to be a technique discussion, not a feminist issue), so I won't be replying again on this subject.
9 years

In the way..

lostonline040 wrote:
I don't know your preferences but I feel I should chime in that you don't have to shave

I'm genuinely confounded when I try to understand why many women go through so much hassle just to shave @o@

I know you're trying to be a nice guy, and it's pretty cool that you probably don't try to pressure women into looking a certain way or anything, but here's the thing: it's a matter of personal preference. As in, women don't shave to impress guys, we do it for ourselves. And telling someone that they don't have to shave is sort of like telling them that they have your permission to be hairy, as if they required your permission. This is something that I feel very strongly about. Women who shave or wear make up or do their hair, do it for their own reasons that have nothing to do with men.

And Rebel, I have a pretty big belly to work around, so I don't even try using a mirror. I just sort of feel where I am and where I need to go. As for painting toenails, I think fatchickinskinnyjeans has the right of it. But be careful, it can be messy!
9 years

Top 10 reasons women should have fat boyfriends

I am in love with this thread smiley

I know that snuggling has already been mentioned, but I feel like it should be emphasized! Snuggling with fat guysss>>>

Everything on here is true (and lovely), so here's my contribution: you never have to be shy about saying that you're hungry, because he probably is too smiley
9 years

Ff version 2 now available

I'm really digging the new site (though I think I prefer the fat lady to the cupcake haha)! The only thing is, the search feature seems to work really well, as long as you're not trying to search around Akron Ohio (United States). It pulls up 800+ pages of people listed in Buffalo NY, which is around 200 miles from Akron. I've searched around other cities, and it seems to work fine, and I really think that it could be a useful tool. Otherwise, yeah, you can tell that a lot of time and work went into the site!
9 years

I'm a feminist

anseo wrote:

Saphiel Sir wrote:
What are some of these feminist issues, btw?

Off the top of my head: Wage gap, glass ceiling, domestic or physical abuse, discrimination etc. etc.

All usually men's fault.

Men's issues would look a little the same except y'know, we're more likely to be murdered. Or homeless. Get arrested, get found guilty. We're more likely to get a longer prison sentence than a woman for the same crime. We're more likely to suffer from depression and men lead suicide rates across the board. We're less likely to earn more money, visit a doctor, get a degree. Now, it would be idiotic to blame these issues on women, despite the numbers being different. I keep looking but I still can't find this privilege.

I've been keeping track of this thread, but I've hesitated to post in it because last time I did, my post was deleted (I think it was because I called a troll a bad name).
Anyway, the feminist issues that you list above are real things that need to change. Please don't dispute that, you will never experience these things.
However, the male issues you listed above are also real things (and I'd like to add that there is an unrealistic masculine standard that society places on males, which may be the root of a lot of the emotional disorders.
Here's the part you're not going to like: a lot of men's problems (most) are coming from other men. Men are killing men, convicting and sentencing men to prison, etc.
That being said, actual, genuine feminism is about breaking down those inequalities. Feminism seeks to end those unrealistic masculine standards as much as it seeks to end unrealistic feminine beauty standards. Real feminists want men to achieve and grow and help move our society forward.

I know that it is difficult to see privilege when you're the one benefiting from society's gifts, but please try to see things from the other side: women all over the world live in fear of men that they've never met (more women are killed or assaulted by men than by other women). Not just the wage gap (real) or the glass ceiling (also real), but real, debilitating fear.

So, there's my 2 cents. I'll crawl back into my hole now.
9 years

Ssbbws and birth control

I was on the progesterone only pill for awhile. Then I switched doctors. He actually thought it was odd. He asked if my clotting factor had ever been tested (it had, and it was low low low). He told me that if I'm not going to have blood clots without the combined pill, I'm probably not going to while taking it. I've been on it for about a year now, and have had no complications.

I think that the risk may be higher for us bigger ladies (I'm a bit higher than 400), but I think doctors make it seem much more dangerous in an attempt to scare us into losing weight. (Of course, this part is just my opinion..I'm not a doctor!)
9 years
123   loading