Turning out like my mother

I get what you are saying.

By gaining the weight you are throwing away the conventionally hot body that is seen as the pinnacle. Lets be honest, most women would kill to look the way you looked in your old posts. To give that all up would seem completely bonkers to a large majority of the population.

Plus, you will also be seen as less attractive by some men and as much as we say we don't care - we all want to be wanted.

But I do like that you are going after your own physical ideal. That takes courage. And while it may seem odd to some does seem to be what you want so I respect the fact that you are embracing it.

I think you look good in either picture and you are simply blessed in the looks department.
6 years

Get rid of your kink?

In truth, I wish I had normal tastes so that I didn't have to go on to a niche site to meet someone (and then find that everyone lives a zillion miles away)

It would make life a lot easier if I were more conventional in tastes because I could just switch on tinder or whatever and meet someone with a lot more ease and not have to worry about if someone had the same kinks as me.
7 years

Questions about dating

The truth works usually.

'Hey, you just caught my eye, and I'd kick myself if I didn't say hello,' and then offer your hand and start chatting.

Its really important to read body language though - if they look uncomfortable its probably kinder to leave.

I've only done this in a bar tbh - I'm not sure what will happen on the street.

But I mostly use dating aps like pof and tinder now - its really easy to meet people - but its really hard to find a fat, intelligent woman who lives close by (hence my single status).

Good luck
7 years

Life in general

elderman:
As a species we are still in our childhood. capitalism is the obvious extension of the a greedy child yelling "gimme, gimme, gimme" and "no I don't want to share." We cling to God like a small child clings to santa clause. Until we as a species grow beyond our need for religion and the accumulation of wealth at the expense of others, we will remain as we are. Oversimplified I grant you, but I didn't want to write an essay.

Its good to hear these ideas echoed.

I was half expected the ham fisted Adam Smith brigade to jump in.
7 years

Life in general

Human extinction would be great for the other species on this planet - there can be little argument against that notion.

I think the crux of this argument is - are humans fundamentally bad?

My answer is no.

But to be difficult I will also say that most humans behave in a less than ideal manner.

My theory behind this is that it is competition - due to capitalism mostly - that sets us out against one another. Makes it us or them. And can make us quite cruel.

Everyone is a financial rival, a rival in love, or a rival in fight.

When we see each other as competition rather as allies then we become nasty - and we lose sympathy for those who are not on our side.

This is how people can be cruel to, say, homeless people. They see them as a threat because they know the homeless want their money and they also dislike what they symbolise - financial destitution (something we all fear greatly - because there aren't many safety nets in society)

The solution is of course to change the way we behave and begin to see society as a collective rather than a group of selfish individuals all vying to topple one another.
7 years

Has anyone tried okcupid?

Tinder is best if you are under 30. Tons of people ready to date on there!
7 years

Not just a bit fat..

I think for 5 you have to have someone well hung.

If you met someone who is just average then it just wont hit the right places.
7 years

Sexually frustrated and confused: hetero w/ homoerotic tendencies

SS_FA:
Shame or no shame, it's up to her. The only thing worse than shame is having someone telling her what she should feel.

For me my 20s was the worst decade of my life, watching so many people who seemed to know what they wanted, while i was confused, etc. Once you can get past worrying that you're not like anyone else, or perhaps even figuring out how to be proud and celebrating that? you're at least pointing in the right direction. It may still be many years before you find anything like happiness, but in the meantime, cut yourself some slack. Be nice to yourself,because there are tons of people in the world who are already competing with you, or being nasty. Life is tough enough without you also making it harder.

But it's your choice ultimately how you respond.

The thing is, it's not your choice about the fetish. People toss the word "fetish" around on this site a whole lot, and for once I see someone --you--using it correctly. A fetish is not a choice, it's something imposed on you. It can be horribly inconvenient. Nobody wants to be born in Aleppo right now. Nobody wants to be born gay in one of those countries where you are prosecuted for being gay. And it's not terribly convenient nobody to be born loving persons of size (either gender) in a society that valorizes fitness and thinness and treats obesity with horror. I wish there were a world i could run away to, but in the meantime i suppose FF is a great refuge in the meantime.

Nobody --not me, not Jerry Falwell, not anyone-- has the right to tell you how to feel.

And then the only thing worse than that is having a smart arse point it out smiley
7 years

Is this your fetish, or paraphilia?

For me, Paraphilia.

I'm attracted to fatter women but I don't need fetish related stuff in the bedroom. I don't need them to gain, or to do stuffing, or humiliation, or any of that stuff (but maybe to play around with it from time to time is okay)

I just find the fat body attractive.
7 years

Sexually frustrated and confused: hetero w/ homoerotic tendencies

If you are sexually aroused by women but not so much by men then you may of course be gay.

Have you tried experimenting with women?

Also, do not be ashamed of what turns you on - that's the worst thing you can do!
7 years
12345   loading